Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cabela's one year return policy changed >

Cabela's one year return policy changed

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabela's one year return policy changed

Old 09-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i don't think cabelas intention here is necessarily to lower prices. it's simply to make more money. i don't see them lowering prices and i'm in their store more than once a week (yes, i have a problem).

between changing the return policy and selling extended warranties on EVERYTHING i'm really getting annoyed w/ them.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Spike

Well, I actually order most of my stuff from Cabelas and visit the Gonzales, LA store anytime I am in that neck of the woods since it is the closest to MS. In fact, I have a Bass Pro just down the street and I think Cabelas has better prices, service is about the same.

I have always had great service with Cabelas and the reason I don't mind paying a little more.

Also, the Cabelas brand hunting clothing is far superior to that of Bass Pro and is the reason I will order and wait for my stuff, as opposed to driving down the street and settling for Redhead clothing.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by dman4505
I know here at the La Vista Nebraska store we'll match a competators price as long as it's a physical brick and mortor store within 100 miles of us and we can verify it (i.e. bring in an ad) and it's the exact same item. We will match our own online price if it's lower than in the store. Some times there is an online, or catalog sale but not a retail sale.
As to the unhappy staff, try working in our shoes for a day or two. I work in the Bargain Cave, Camping and Footwear and spend most of my day cleaning up after customers, not helping them with a purchase. In the Cave I get yelled at because we're not selling a brand new pair of $200 Mendls for $10. The Bargain Cave is not a garage sale. In Footwear or Camping it's because we don't have something in stock. We on the sales floor don't order the product, mangement and corporate (Sydney, Nebraska) does. Try dealing with someone who brings in a sales ad on Monday that clearly states the sale doesn't start till Thursday then gets upset because we won't honor the sale price.
Don't get me wrong I love working for Cabela's, sure beats the office politics of the bank I use to work at. I like most of the customers we get, there's just a few that will push your buttons because they think they can.

Don
I hear ya. Cabela's changed towards their employees I think. They then became unhappy and that is what caused them to loose money. Cabela's needs to keep the face (the staff) smiling. Not your job but if it ever is remember it. A smiling face can sell product on a Monday when the flyer their holding isn't good till Thursday or at the very least leave them wanting to return. You both already share a passion, hunting. Should be easy to agree on that.

The cave prices are pretty much a joke. Really no reason to buy something from there since you can find whatever they have new some place else with a warranty. I only look to find what I can't find some place else like some .019 pins for my old CJ site. I used to laugh at some of the stuff in there. Boots 10 bucks off that obviously had been worn most of the year warranty.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RackLuster
i don't think cabelas intention here is necessarily to lower prices. it's simply to make more money. i don't see them lowering prices and i'm in their store more than once a week (yes, i have a problem).
Problem?

Prices didn't seem higher than others the last time I was there. They always did before. It's all crazy. I had a coupon for 20 off if I spent 120. The boots were 100 and I found some UA boxers (2) pair marked down from 35 to 25, what a deal. 2 pairs of under wear for 25 is nuts, but I paid 5. It's all crazy.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nodog

I found some UA boxers (2) pair marked down from 35 to 25, what a deal. 2 pairs of under wear for 25 is nuts, but I paid 5. It's all crazy.
That isnt Cabelas that is UA, they have rediculas prices, but nothing else works as good IMO
Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

I hear ya nodog that's why myself and the other guy that prices the stuff for our cave will try to price the used stuff as low as we can go. however the corporate office sets the price scale that we have to follow. we even try and get away with throwing some things away, but again management is only looking at the bottom line and makes us put some really crappy stuff out on the floor.
not sure about our other stores, but at ours mangement will look at those Voice of the Customer surveys. so when your cashier mentions (and they are suppose to) the survey fill it out and let coporate know how you feel.

Don
Old 09-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WisconsinBowHunter
That isnt Cabelas that is UA, they have rediculas prices, but nothing else works as good IMO

Just saying in the hunting industry, prices are seldom in line with everything else. I can buy a router bit for less than some broadheads which spins at 3400 rpms and can be used for years. 100 blades for a Stanley knife is about 15 bucks. A pack of replacements head blades is often 18 for 9.

Yep, the stuff works. My cotton underwear, the only cotton I wear hunting gets wet with sweat and stays that way. Bought these to end that problem. I like how washer/dryer friendly they are. Bought some of cabela's silk last year. Gets wet and doesn't dry quick, but the stuff never left me cold or knowing it was wet, weird. I went to get more but...