Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2010-2011 season Success Pictures >

2010-2011 season Success Pictures

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2010-2011 season Success Pictures

Old 09-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First derr of the year

Shot 9/11/2010 (GA Opener).
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2011 season Success Pictures-sept11doe2010_2.jpg  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

My mission this year was to get my 14 year old son is first archery deer. Last weekend (opening day), we had a mature doe 13 yards from us. As he reached for his bow, the doe caught movement and ran off snorting.

This morning a mature doe and fawn came in . The doe was within 15 yards of us for about 3 minutes, but never presented a shot before walking off. My son asked if he could take the younger deer. I told him anything with a bow is a trophy and they're "GOOD" eat'n.

He made a perfect shot, but we never found the arrow or blood at point of impact. We backed out, changed, and had breakfast and went back out to look for it. Turns out, within 20 yards of where he shot it, we found a huge blood trail and then white belly. The deer ran 50 yards. Turns out it was a complete pass through, just can't find the arrow. I can't wait until get it on the grill.

After the shot, my son was shaking all over, he was pumped. He's hooked on bow hunting.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Spike

nicely done. Congrats!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by A11en
My mission this year was to get my 14 year old son is first archery deer. Last weekend (opening day), we had a mature doe 13 yards from us. As he reached for his bow, the doe caught movement and ran off snorting.

This morning a mature doe and fawn came in . The doe was within 15 yards of us for about 3 minutes, but never presented a shot before walking off. My son asked if he could take the younger deer. I told him anything with a bow is a trophy and they're "GOOD" eat'n.

He made a perfect shot, but we never found the arrow or blood at point of impact. We backed out, changed, and had breakfast and went back out to look for it. Turns out, within 20 yards of where he shot it, we found a huge blood trail and then white belly. The deer ran 50 yards. Turns out it was a complete pass through, just can't find the arrow. I can't wait until get it on the grill.

After the shot, my son was shaking all over, he was pumped. He's hooked on bow hunting.

i got $5 says that arrow is stickin straight up like a twig, in with the grass or sticks, broadhead in the ground feathers up...within 30 yards of the shot.
nice job on the 1st deer. just remember, if ya let em take one everytime, it will tend to not be as rewarding, like killin a 200" buck on your 1st trip...whats left to kill..in this case, its only up from here. nj
Old 09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

easy to tell who wants to be there and who doesnt,
if ya look at each pic,
you can tell by the smile, who wants to be there.

it reminds me of last weekend, i put my 12y/o behind a 20ga, with a high brass dove load, aint very much...well she shot it like a rifle and it kicked harder than i/she thought and now she wont touch it again lol well i demanded she try again, and made the situation uncomfortable, and put a damper on us having fun, after-all thats what it's really about. so lesson learned for me.
anyway, gonna get her a 410, cause its close to 420......and hopefully werk those loads up until she is more comfortable and try the 20ga again...maybe..
Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season was two hours old when I plugged this doe

Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Spike

Filled my cow tag opening weekend. 30 yard shot, first elk with a bow

Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

what kind of broadhead did you use on her?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by zmschillin
what kind of broadhead did you use on her?
125 grain Shuttle T-lock, that's the entrance your looking at. Best broadheads I've used.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey, i have 2 on the same page .

this one had some ground shrinkage. I thought it was a different deer. i used a tekan broadhead. had to shoot it twice, shot a little low on the first shot and the deer didn't even run so i shot him again.

he's my 20th bow kill anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.