Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dilemma

Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default dilemma

. I do have an ethical question that I am going to ask to all.

I am making this move to another home, I was at work today so the lil woman and her mom were moving things back and forth, as was the moving company.I was told by the landlord that he di allow a neighbor to hunt there but I could kick him off if I wanted to. Well apparently this neighbor showed up today pulled in and asked if they were "moving the old lady out" and the guys come from company said they were moving people in, a lady, so his responce was "one old lady out another in, I hunt this land" and left. Well, I know I was not there and was not part of the conversation, so I dont know the details or attitude of the conversation but to me, it just rubbed me wrong. If I were him, I first of all, would have taken the time to introduce myself to the new resident, not the moving company, state that I have been hunting the land and asked for permission to continue doing so.
My initial reaction when I was told by the landlord that someone hunted there and I could remove him, was that I wouldnt do that, especially so close to season, I know what it takes to find land and I know the time it takes to invest in a good year.
To me, and again, I wasnt there I was at work, this seemed to be a very arogant guy that basically didnt give to ****s less.

How would you all approach this as I have never kicked any one off land and I dont want to make bad neighbors but I will if I have to.

Last edited by Damon; 09-03-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Spike

I would talk to the guy in person before you make up your mind. That way you can judge for yourself whether the two of your can come to some sort of agreement about hunting the land. If he is still arrogant than I would give him the boot. Trying to find land and keeping land to hunt is completely based off of respecting the landlords and the people on the property that is being hunted. If he is that arrogant, he is the type that is making it harder and harder for good people to find decent land to hunt on unless you can afford thousands of dollars. I know are neighbor to our hunting cabin gets a thousand a person for gun season which equals out 9 days and he has a waiting list. It's going to turn this way everywhere if people can start being more respectful and help the landowner some way to make it worth their while to let you hunt there. Just my opinion!!!

Last edited by Snake1oz; 09-03-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

talk to the man...introduce yourself and if he's an a$$ than just give it right back. Remember, you're the one with the complete hunting rights...not him.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
talk to the man...introduce yourself and if he's an a$$ than just give it right back. Remember, you're the one with the complete hunting rights...not him.
Thats what i would do!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with hardwoods hunter talk to him check out his attiude maybe he can become a hunting friend who knows ?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Talk to him face to face, then make your decision.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting to me that the landlord didn't seem to be to concerned about this guy. By the way your landlord told you to kick him off if you wanted to it doesn't sound like there is much love between the landlord and this guy.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm feeling half the story here. LOL I don't think I've heard enough to make a suggestion.

And another thing... it's OK to call the wife the Lil woman but not call granny the old lady. Hmmmmmmm
Old 09-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by davidmil
I'm feeling half the story here. LOL I don't think I've heard enough to make a suggestion.

And another thing... it's OK to call the wife the Lil woman but not call granny the old lady. Hmmmmmmm
The "granny" you are reffering to was only about 40 yrs old and as far as the "Lil woman" its alot more respectful than most things. IT was not a matter of what / who was called what it was a matter of the context, in form of disrespect, it was used in.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

I call my dog a dirtbag some times but it with love.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.