Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting Blunders >

Bowhunting Blunders

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Blunders

Old 09-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

Last year I was using a climber.Got to the stand late.While strapping in for the climb I heard some goldenrod rustling.I turned around to see 3 doe at 20 yds whizzing by me only then to hear a grunting buck following the doe.He was there and gone in a blink.I didn't even try to stop him because my bow was already tied to my hiost rope.I just got a trailcam pic yesterday 400 yds away.I think It's the same buck. Lesson learned: Get in the stand early!!! Bowhunting Blunders-dsc_0009_01.jpg
Old 09-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Last year I was using a climber.Got to the stand late.While strapping in for the climb I heard some goldenrod rustling.I turned around to see 3 doe at 20 yds whizzing by me only then to hear a grunting buck following the doe.He was there and gone in a blink.I didn't even try to stop him because my bow was already tied to my hiost rope.I just got a trailcam pic yesterday 400 yds away.I think It's the same buck. Lesson learned: Get in the stand early!!! Attachment 12050
Thats a nice buck. It looks like the G2 on the one side is forked?
Old 09-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sunjbr
Ohhh..Nice....

On a side note...HTTR...How bout those Cowboys !!!

Was at the game and just got my voice back. Good times.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default Cowboys

Originally Posted by Maryland_Whitetail
Was at the game and just got my voice back. Good times.
If your gonna say things like that I hope you lose it again!!! LOL! Wow, my "boys" really shot themselves in the foot this time! ALL of them and not just Tony Homo choking again!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sprintflyer
If your gonna say things like that I hope you lose it again!!! LOL! Wow, my "boys" really shot themselves in the foot this time! ALL of them and not just Tony Homo choking again!

That wasn't very nice. Soooo, how is it to be a Cowboys fan in Va? Been to Texas? Anyhoo...I would blame the game on the Right Tackle.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Maryland_Whitetail
That wasn't very nice. Soooo, how is it to be a Cowboys fan in Va? Been to Texas? Anyhoo...I would blame the game on the Right Tackle.
No kidding. That guy needs to lose his job.. Most penalized player in the NFL, who knew he would screw that up Yall played a great game though, Dallas looked like crap.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PreacherTony
Bowhunting blunders??? This sight couldn't handle the bandwith for all of mine ...
That's why we have the best of them on video....
Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by V8Ranger
Thats a nice buck. It looks like the G2 on the one side is forked?
Yeah and since I'm not sure if it is the same buck, that might mean that there's a couple of these guys on our land.I watched our neighbor last year shoot one like this just outta my muzzleloader range.Now that my dad knows of this buck he might not let me hunt! LOL! (I shouldn't have told him!LOL). Can't wait til' Oct.16th!!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
first time in the stand with a bow had about 30 does in front me and there was a big ole doe on the corn at 15 yards away and a fawn about 20 feet behind that doe walking to the corn i was shaking really bad got my bow up and drawn back and put my top pin on the big ole doe as soon as i released the arrow i turned my bow to the right and i end up up missing the big ole doe and hitting the fawn in the rear end that was 20 feet from the deer i was aiming at never did find the doe and i am sure glad no one seen me doing that.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Spike

My biggest blunder of all. It happened 10 years ago when I was 16 and it Was shooting an Albino doe.

I was walking out of the woods with my climber because of it being dark in the woods. When I made it out to the field there stood the Albino looking away from me. So I laid my stand down and crawl within 40 yards and shot. I hit the deer in the spine and it dropped. So I decided to leave the deer and go get a truck. When I was walking back to my car with the treestand my shoulder straps broke on the stand but managed to carry it to the car. I drove down over the hill to the farm to get a truck. Told my grandparents the story and we jumped in and went to pick up the deer. When we got to the deer it was sadly still alive. So i went to grab the knife on my side to finish it but it was gone. So my pap made me use a hammer from the truck because he was upset i shoot his white deer and made a poor shot. I needed to gut him and didnt have a knife so I had to use a little pocket knife. Which was terrible.

So finally got the deer loaded up and was getting ready to head home when I found my deer knife laying outside my car door.

So with shooting the albino. I had terrible luck and will never think about shooting another one again.