HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Peep Sight Selection (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/329004-peep-sight-selection.html)

hoyt919 09-02-2010 01:02 PM

Peep Sight Selection

Ive been changing things up this season to see what really fits me on my bow. I see a lot of people going to these peep sights with no stretch tube and honestly mine has broken or popped off so many times that im kinda thinking about it too. I really dont know much about them though so I was wondering what are the pros and cons to a peep with a tube, and a peep without a tube???

wallhangr 09-02-2010 01:21 PM

A peep w/o the tube, once set, will line up everytime.

If your tube breaks/pops loose while your on stand, you're SOL.

MrBobWriter 09-02-2010 01:22 PM

If your tube breaks/pops loose while your on stand, you're SOL.
I'll second that

Frosty452 09-02-2010 02:29 PM

i shoot a tubeless peep as well but I thought I'd play devils advocate and give a few cons...
If its an old string it may not line up every time b/c of string stretch
If its new the peep will creep as the string stretchsand may affect your accuracy over time

davidmil 09-02-2010 04:03 PM

A good quality string will break in with 150 shots or so. Once you've done that, readjust your peep. If you shoot with a string loop it'll line up every time. Tubes cost you speed and definitely are a place for bad things to happen. IMO... tubes suck.

Ken/WV 09-02-2010 05:06 PM

I never did like the tube peeps. If you watch someone shoot with one the tube is almost lined up perfect with your eye. If it ever came off the cable you would be lucky to not get hit with it in the eye. Also after a few shots a tubeless peep will set and you won't have to worry about it. Plus the tubeless are lighter and give you more speed over a tube peep.

I saw the best peep on the market by far is the g5 meta peep. Its the lightest and comes in about any size you could want. 1/4" 3/16" and 1/8". I have found that similar peeps like the vapor trail are not as light as advertised, plus they are not nearly as clear as the g5.

mnbowhunter55945 09-02-2010 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=Ken/WV;3675056]I saw the best peep on the market by far is the g5 meta peep. Its the lightest and comes in about any size you could want. 1/4" 3/16" and 1/8".QUOTE]

X2 I have these on all my bows. The only prob is sometimes they turn oval. I think the tubed peeps are easier to set up and always align but the tube breaks sometimes. the tubless ones are harder to get aligned but once they are they usually stay that way unless your string streches. I like tubless better.

crabclaw 09-03-2010 04:05 AM

I've gone tubeless also and really like it as well. I got sick of mine always breaking. The only down side is I noticed my Bow is a little louder now, but it does give you a little more speed.

NJArrowSpitter24 09-03-2010 06:45 AM

had one break last season. this year bought a new bow and installed a peep without tubing. So far i'm impressed

wis_bow_huntr 09-03-2010 06:46 AM

Since I went to a tubless peep my shots have been more accurate and less to worry about.