Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
To wash or not to wash >

To wash or not to wash

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To wash or not to wash

Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

i wash everything at the end and at the start of the season. If it gets pretty soiled mid season, it gets washed again and stored in green rubbermaid containers (green in my house means stay out).
Old 09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Not only is a tote not air tight.... it gives it's own plastic stink to your clothes. Long term storage in these things hurts more than it helps. You want to do it right you'll add some scent to the tote when you wash them like these wafers or apples or pine bows or something. Just remember if you put in vegetation or apples they will rot eventually and can cause mildew. Change it every so often and hang the clothes outdoors for a few days before the season begins. It doesn't do any good to add apples if you're not around apple trees. It doesn't do to add pine bows if you have no pines where you hunt. Airing out in the open with rain and all that falling on them is about as good as it gets. Just don't hang them out where your BBQ. LOL
Old 09-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always wash everything just before the season. Nice and scent free ready to go
Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

I would give them another washing and put some leaves ore pine boughs in with them.