Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

not my week

Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default not my week

Well it has just not been my week so far. I was suppose to be going in for surgery this morning. You see, I have a very bad back, I have had two surgeries all ready and now there is nothing else they can do for me. Then my pain management Dr said let try this pump. Its called an interthecal pump. Not sure if I spelled that right. They put a small disc in my abdomen, about the size of a hockey puck, and a line runs from that to my spine. It slowly drips pain meads right at the pain source. Well I failed my stress test Monday, so they wont do the surgery. I guess the is either a blockage or part of my heart is not working right. They say the left ventricle is only working about 57%. So not only will I not be getting rid of my back pain, I have something wrong with my heart..... Now I have to wait for an appointment with a cardiologist....
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

sorry to hear about your health. hope you get through everything.

looking on the bright side of it - at least they found a serious problem now than when you would have been under the knife. best of luck to ya!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by noidurism
sorry to hear about your health. hope you get through everything.

looking on the bright side of it - at least they found a serious problem now than when you would have been under the knife. best of luck to ya!
Thank you....
This is true... I am glad for that... but mad at the same time... I have been waiting for this other surgery for 3 months, and now who knows how long I will have to wait for all the stars to line up again.... I was hoping to have this pain pump in, and recovered, before hunting season. Now I'm not so sure... I have put allot of sweet into preparing for this bow season, and the deer are looking good this year... After being shut out last year for the first time in 15 years, I am pumped for this year... Will see what the Dr says tomorrow... All I can do is hope for the best... Crap.... I'm only 44..... but my body is 64... lol... It wont hold together.. I already have 6 screws and 2 rods in my back...
Old 09-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Spike

Hope ya feel better and get in ok shape to hit the woods couple times this year
Old 09-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is to hoping you feel better!!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Hey V8, sorry to hear what your going through--But thank GOD your still on this side of the grass, I've been rode hard and put up wet too many times myself.
All things happen for a reason-sometimes the reason ain't real clear. I started my journey back in 1986-Both knees are due for replacement/six disc either herniated or bulging/right shoulder tore up--some years I couldn't hunt as much or not at all-But I changed my style some and things seem to going better..
Good Luck--God Bless--And if you don't mind I will pray for you...

David
Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went to the cardiologist today. I am going in tomorrow(9/3) to have a heart cath done. They will put a line in my groin and run it up to my heart so they can look at the arteries at the heart. If all looks good, then they will pull it back out and send me home and will clear me for my surgery to have the pain pump put in for my back. If it doesn't look so good, then they will possible put a stint in. But the real kicker here is, the problem I was complaining about with my heart, has nothing to do with what caused me to fail my stress test.... Go figure..... They better have the good stuff ready when they start heading toward man land with a needle, I'm libel to get a little up tight..lol....
Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by V8Ranger
Well I went to the cardiologist today. I am going in tomorrow(9/3) to have a heart cath done. They will put a line in my groin and run it up to my heart so they can look at the arteries at the heart. If all looks good, then they will pull it back out and send me home and will clear me for my surgery to have the pain pump put in for my back. If it doesn't look so good, then they will possible put a stint in. But the real kicker here is, the problem I was complaining about with my heart, has nothing to do with what caused me to fail my stress test.... Go figure..... They better have the good stuff ready when they start heading toward man land with a needle, I'm libel to get a little up tight..lol....
Hey, I've had that done. Don't worry, they will give you the good stuff. They have to because it's absolutely essential that you are perfectly still. I was just coherent enough to be a pain in their backsides. I do remember seeing the screen that they were looking at and watching the valves in my own heart. Weird.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck with your procedure. I hope you come out of this healthier and can move onto having a better quality of life.

Originally Posted by V8Ranger
Old 09-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everything works out well for you. Its a good thing they caught the heart problem before you found out on your own, in a bad way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.