Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best worse shot broadhead!!!! >

Best worse shot broadhead!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best worse shot broadhead!!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Spike

Dang I thought my Muzzy story was a good one. I was taking one out of the pack and dropped it and it went through the floor and I had to dig it out of the concrete in the basement. But realy I have been looking at reviews on the Rage and there was more about junk rubber bands than there was about deflection.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I waould avoid shoulder bone shots with the Rage heads. The more KE the better.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:06 AM
Spike

Talking muzzy

I put a Muzzy sticker on my truck and drove around the farm and got a ticket for poaching... Like the Muzzy but a couple friends shoot the Rage and have done quite well. Make good shots and have a great fall !!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Threads like this one are the reason I stoped visiting this site so much to many people complaing about products with absolutly no scientific facts behind it these broadheads work great for some people and not so great for others like any other product on the market Get Over It
Old 09-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mconwa951
Threads like this one are the reason I stoped visiting this site so much to many people complaing about products with absolutly no scientific facts behind it these broadheads work great for some people and not so great for others like any other product on the market Get Over It
We are heartbroken because you make a difference
Old 09-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't normally chime in on the "rage" posts but what the heck... I love the g5 striker, so much I still carry 2 of them in my quiver when hunting.. but along with those I carry 2 blade rages as well. They both have the same p.o.i. and both shoot great.. Truth is any head will get the job done but I am drawn to the huge size of the entry holes created from the rage heads.
Last year I shot a 157" buck (my avitar) with the rage. Yes, he was only 15 yards away but I blew right through that deer. Blood trail was ok, not buckets of blood... but ok.. he was dead in 100 yards.. I also shot several does with the rage in the past and love the entry holes that you can just stick your fist in.. lol
I dunno, to each their own I guess.. I do like the looks of the bloodrunner.. who knows if I'll try it yet, we'll see..
Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Whitetailaddict13
okay im sick of hearing how bad rage broadheads suck......WisconsinBowHunter...your input is worthless. "rage sucks so bad. slicktrick is #1"....tell us why. you obviously have never shot a deer with rage. you just sound like a slicktrick cheerleader, if there ever was one.

my point is, how come its ALWAYS "i shoot slicktricks and rage broadheads suck!" sounds like your still trying to convince yourself. good grief guys! tell us how badass your slicktricks are without saying.....oh yeah and rage sucks .

just saying.
He does have a good point. I have shoot the rages, the three blade, and they worked well. the entry and exit holes on the deers i shot with them were pretty big. i had good results with them. the only thing i didnt like about them was the blades came out to easy for my likings. So i switched back to my original broadheads that i have always shot. I have nothing against the rages and am not saying the broadheads i shoot are better but I like my current broadheads better than i did the rages so thats why i changed back. If you like the rages shoot them. If you like the slick tricks (which i know very many people on here do cause they come up in every thread about broadheads) then shoot them.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I started using the Rage 2 last year and took a 10 pointer with one. The buck only ran about 30 yards before falling over dead. But I dont care what anyone says, shot placement is the key killing factor with any head. But the Rage by far has done more damage than any other head I have ever used. I took him square through the center of the heart. There was no tracking involved as he dropped 30 yards from where he was standing. Ill continue using the Rage.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
We are heartbroken because you make a difference
I know you like the rage... I think you just want to get people all bent out of shape!! The broadheads work great (IF YOU USE THEM RIGHT) maybe you need to be more cautious with the rage but they do work, like any head. People need to understand there equipment before they use it. Being in the archery business for 4 years, I have witnessed countless people that dont know the product they are using. They have the biggest issues with the products. RAGE are great but understand there flaws
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ever notice how bad shots, poor hits and lost deer are always the fault of the broad head.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.