Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First attempt at video >

First attempt at video

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First attempt at video

Old 08-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First attempt at video

Looking for some input. I have been videoing hunts for the past few years but coulnd't figure out how to edit them. The my son bought a device and program for his XBox. Here is his first attempt at making a hunting video. Let me know what you think. I wasn't the the hunter just the video man. The bear was standing at 11yards and ran past at less that 12 ft.

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl30jv54cDk

Let me know what you think. Thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

I like the first 2:02, but then the video stops and won't play from thatpoint forward. Helluva way to sneak up on a bear.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Pretty good! Little shaky but i would be to if i had a bear in that close
Old 08-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty cool, But a little shaky. You need a tripod. I'm not a big fan of the music playing. I would like to here more of a play by play of how close he is getting, hunting equipment, etc..... But still not a bad video......
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Spike

tripod would be a huge help.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Spike

Looks good for a start. But stoped at 1:15 ...
Tripod helps. But from a treestand, I prefer the tree-arm. Much more stable, without the noise and much less volume. For my idea, tripods are always on the way...
Waiting for more movies from your hunts.
Enjoy & great hunts.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Spike

Thats the mount I use :
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...631&hasJS=true
Pretty happy about it.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

What Camcorder you using , good footage , but little shakey towards the end ????
Old 08-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could start by losing that stupid background music. Have you ever watched a hunting show on a Saturday or Sunday morning where they were playing Rap music to their hunts? Just my opinion, other than that and the shaking, it was a great stalk and video.

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 08-30-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input. The shakyness is from being zoomed to max and from holding it. Also it is fast forward'd to shorten it which enhances the shakiness.

The total video was over 15 min, so we had to shrten it to around 3 min. If you are only seeing 1 min it wasn't loaded properly. Because the audio wasn't anything but me whispering about "there isn't any way that he's gonna pull it off " - "holy crap he's right there".

I was using a Sony HandiCam 8mm zoomed to max.

Chamois - I am going to fabricate one at work that will allow me to record without shake, but thanks for the link. I may use that one as a model to make it from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.