Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bought a new Bowtech Destroyer 350 and it's quick >

Bought a new Bowtech Destroyer 350 and it's quick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought a new Bowtech Destroyer 350 and it's quick

Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bought a new Bowtech Destroyer 350 and it's quick

I have been looking for a new bow and took my time, until this last week. I had been shooting a 2007 Diamond Black Ice for the past three seasons. I still like the Black Ice and it shot well. The Black Ice has a smooth draw and good speed. It launched my 397 grain ACCs at 285 fps @ 68lbs. I really enjoyed the feel of the Black Ice and the draw cycle it provided.

I went to a few shops in the area and pulled some of the new bows. Most felt harsh with a quick valley. I liked the draw cycle of the Mathews Z7 but it torqued in my hand, I tried different grips but it didn't help. I really liked the Hoyt Maxxis 31, descent draw cycle, great grip but I just didn't love it, but it was a great little bow. Checked out the Elite Judge, kind of liked it, but the shop I was at didn't have my draw length mods, so I couldn't get a good feeling for it.

Yesterday I went to a bow shop that carried Bowtech. I had drawn back a Destroyer before, back in the spring at the Dixie Deer Classic and was sort of impressed, but I didn't get to shoot it. I was interested in checking out a Destroyer again. The shop owner handed me a Destroyer 350 set at 70lbs. I pulled it back and thought it was harsh and not for me (one of my main criteria is being able to draw the bow easily with little movement for hunting), I thought nothing like my Black Ice at 68lbs. The Destroyer felt good in my hand. He said try a 60lb bow it's alot easier to pull and still very fast. I pulled it back to full draw and it felt good, but I thought how fast would it be? I got my release and he setup the bow for a 30" draw to fit me. We proceeded to the basement and I fired it a few times into the target, then a few more. I shot about 20 shots focusing on a few different aspects of the bow, torque, handshock, grip comfort, draw cycle, back wall, valley and overall difficulty or ease to draw. I was impessed with all of these. So now I'm thinking how fast would it shoot my ACCs? I noticed a chronograph sitting to the side and asked if it worked and if I could test the speed with my arrows. He said sure, so I went out to the van and got my arrows. With the Destroyer 350 set on 60 lbs my first shot registered 302 fps I shot it again 303 fps. That is 17-18 fps faster than my old bow while shooting 8lbs less draw wieght. I was pretty impressed with the whole Destroyer 350 Package so it came home with me. It seems to be tuning well so far but I'm still in the process.

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 08-29-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice review and it's good to see someone who thinks about draw cycle more than speed for a hunting rig. The destroyer series is very impressive!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new rig, but per Man Card rule you can only brag about a new bow if you include pics.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

I might try one next year, maybe, if I'm lucky. You need to change the signature. Congratulations on the new bow.
Chris
Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, signature updated. I just tried to take a picture but my camera batteries were dead. I'll post one soon.

I have been shooting the bow a couple of times now and have her tuned in pretty well. Nice accuracy so far on spots and got a nice hole through the paper fairly easily. Good fletching and cable clearance even with Blazer wraps. The QAD was easy to tune with this bow as well. I'm pretty happy with the bow so far, opening day here is 12 days away.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. I have enjoyed my 340 thus far.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:45 AM
bigcountry

Bowtech still have that small window in the riser with the destroyer. I don't know why they won't get away from that. Clearance always seem to be a killer for them. Also kinda sucks I would have to buy a special press just to work on it. I guess I can say, I wasn't that impressed.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

I love mine!!! At a 26" draw length, it cut my options down alot, but the Destroyer stood well above all the other bows that I shot at my draw length. I shot a cow bird yesterday at 43 yards, this thing is great!!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

No clearance problems, tuned up pretty good. I bought a Omni Sraightline Press a while back and it works good to press the Destroyer but you do have to be very careful with the alignment of the limbs in the press.

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Bowtech still have that small window in the riser with the destroyer. I don't know why they won't get away from that. Clearance always seem to be a killer for them. Also kinda sucks I would have to buy a special press just to work on it. I guess I can say, I wasn't that impressed.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
No clearance problems, tuned up pretty good. I bought a Omni Sraightline Press a while back and it works good to press the Destroyer but you do have to be very careful with the alignment of the limbs in the press.
I didn't have clearance issues either but I had to pick my fletch and orientation. I never have to do that with a hoyt or PSE. Always an issue for bowtech. And they always put the berger hole much further closer to the shelf. I understand the reasoning, but it causes more headaches than anything.

Glad you like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.