Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Pics of your Bow for 2010-2011 season >

Pics of your Bow for 2010-2011 season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics of your Bow for 2010-2011 season

Old 08-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

I traded my Drenalin in for a Z7, so that is my primary. Then when I go out of state I'll take the Monster as a back up. Shooting Carbon Express Aramid's tipped with G5 Montec's. I haven't had a track job over 100 yards in 3 years on 5 bucks and 8 doe's, so I hope that continue's
Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by drockw

Still am not sure what accessories etc are going to be on this rig other than a limb driver rest for sure, and likely a sword apex 3rd plane sight. Mine is gonna be a black one as well. I should be setting it up this week, but first I've gotta get new cams for it b/c the ones on it are too short.
In my opinion, this is the best looking bow. If I were looking to get a new one, this would be the first one I try out. This weekend, I have a 3D shoot to attend, but if i find the time, I am going to check one out.. even if it is only to hold and check out. Let me know if your happy with it after the season and you have had time to field test it.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure I will be

I used to be a shop shooter for a Hoyt dealer until they shut down, and actually had one with all of my stuff on it for about a week and I really liked it.

The best part about it imo is the weight distribution. It balances perfectly, and is light in the center so you can add weight accordingly to really fine tune the balance of the bow.

The one I am buying is actually coming from the guy who used to own the shop, and Im getting a really good deal so thats why I am picking it up.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

hey man i shoot a martin, martin saber acually. and i love it
Old 08-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I love the carbon matrix just not the price tag. From what i hear the price is going to go down next year because Hoyt is going to put them in mass production. I dont care what kind of bows you like if you go to Hoyts website and watch the torture test on the carbon matrix it will sell you.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Here is my new baby!!!

Horton Vertical
ENCORE

The perfect combinations...
All elements necessary for speed, accuracy, and forgiveness, simultaneously engaged in the new OS-3 cam system.
ATA.....................33"
Brace Height......7.50"
Draw..............25"-33"
Weight.........50-60-70
IBO F.P.S.............310
Camo.......RealTree HD
Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PutnamHonigford
hey man i shoot a martin, martin saber acually. and i love it
im glad to hear it
Old 08-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
I love the carbon matrix just not the price tag. From what i hear the price is going to go down next year because Hoyt is going to put them in mass production. I dont care what kind of bows you like if you go to Hoyts website and watch the torture test on the carbon matrix it will sell you.
HAHA true. Although I dont plan to run over my bow anytime soon, I can say that being an engineering student, I truly appreciate Hoyt's consistently good engineering. I seem to always go back to them regardless of what I'm shooting.

As far as the price tag goes, I certainly didnt pay that for it, and honestly didnt even pay 8 for it so you can probably understand why I am getting it

What sold me when I tested it out earlier in the year was the balance and draw. I had an Alpha Max 35 at one point with the same cams that are on the Matrix, but for some reason the Matrix just seemed quite a bit smoother...

The balance and hold fully setup? Absolutely phoenominal. Best feeling bare bow in my hands that i've ever felt. Ive owned 23 bows now since 2006, so trust me, I get my hands on alot of them Im interested to see what kind of scores I can shoot with it... I really got on a role this year outdoors and was tearing it up at the last national I shot so we will see... If its not as good as my target Hoyts, ill just move on and get another. Everything is worth a try once though, especially if you can try it at a really good price

Good luck this year everyone, regardless of what you shoot... Bows are bows, and I guarantee that a 200 used bow will kill deer just as well as the 1600$ show pony
Old 08-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a 2009 Alpine Frontier with goldtip Expedition Hunters.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anyone of these except the very last one, that is for bow fishing.

Last edited by The Rev; 08-28-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.