Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING"  MAG? >

ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

Old 07-09-2003, 07:38 PM

Default RE: ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

Now you made me go back and re-read my posts[:' (]

Thought I had a brain fart[]

norsemen.......................................... .................................................. ..
Old 07-09-2003, 07:51 PM
nub

Hey Don;
I was not put on this earth to question nor to judge, I am here only to hunt.
BULL$HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[]
Old 07-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

[X(] I cant believe that somebody would write another story about this! How many Whitetail Deer experts said that unless it was x-rayed to prove other wise IT IS FAKE!

I guess Deer and Deer Hunting Magizine is now the National Enquirer of the Hunting Industry! [>:]

And all you guys are buying the magizine to read it!!
[:' (]
Old 07-09-2003, 09:19 PM

I dont know..its hard to say. But the guy writing the article in Deer and Deer Hunting said he was one of the few to see the real, unedited version of the tape Mitch recorded. And he said that buck looked pretty real laying there dead, along with the antlers. Now it would kinda be hard to shoot a buck and go make some antlers for them in that amount of time.
But on the other hand, scoring his other monster bucks, but not this one? And not even letting them be x-rayed or checked?? Thats what I dont understand. I mean, thats fine not entering it, but having the potential of a world record, now why would you want to hide that? So like I said..its hard to say.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:49 AM

Now it would kinda be hard to shoot a buck and go make some antlers for them in that amount of time.
Maybe, just maybe he made the antlers first - then killed the deer[]
Old 07-10-2003, 07:02 AM

rack, ya I can really murder the king' s english[X(]
Old 07-10-2003, 07:11 AM

haha -- i bet he used the antlers to rattle the " buck" in before he stuckum on his head too!
Old 07-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finally got my copy in the mail today.

I am somewhat surprised that Richard P. Smith not only writes this article but jumps on the Pro-Rompola band wagon. It is one thing for a respected author to write about " Rompola-gate" , it is another thing entirely to side with the authenticity of the buck. I will give Mr. Smith credit for having the courage to do so.

Check out the " Editor' s Stump" commentary in the front of the magazine too. Daniel Schmidt basically does the same thing in a more abreviated form.

Personally I have a hard time believing this buck is legit. To kill a buck of this magnitude, in this location, surrounded by these circumstances is unlikely but not impossible. That is what makes this whole story so intriguing. Stranger things have happened for sure.

We will more than likely solve the Kennedy assassination before this mystery is ever concluded. In the end my opinion doesn' t matter anyway so I just stand on the sidelines like everyone else and watch.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:33 PM
nub

How many Whitetail Deer experts said that unless it was x-rayed to prove other wise IT IS FAKE!
Mike: Who might you be talking about? List a few for me please.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:42 PM

Nub...... give me a break, goodness I was only joking...... oh ,now I know why you took it seriously, I forgot the, sorry, now go back to reading your magazine,again, and sorry not to be on the pro side of this article. By the way something still stinks....... not you r Brain Rack!

Where is WR opinion

Quick Reply: ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.