Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING"  MAG? >

ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

Old 07-09-2003, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

I have had this discussion on another board and here are the main reasons I smell something fishy. 1. Mitch Rompola has never summited this deer for official entry in either P&Y or B&C. 2. The first time anyone was allowed to look at this rack the skull cap had been covered with bondo. Now yes that could just be to prevent the weight of the very wide horns from cracking it but Rompola refuses to allow the skull cap to be x-rayed for verification. Refuses even though he has been offered 10,000 dollars by one man to have it x-rayed. 3. He refuses to allow a small sample of the horns to be sent off for testing to verify that they are real. This is relevant because replica antlers can be made using todays technology that you cannot distinguish from the real thing even holding them in your hands. Mr Rompola is a trained Taxidermist as well. 4. Mr Rompola has a less than glowing track record in life. He was convicted once of stealing food stamps. Now, I KNOW! I KNOW! People can change and you can' t always judge a man by his past but its pretty hard to judge him by his future as well. Just attribute whatever personal weight you want to that fact. As for me, a man that would steal food from the mouths of underpriviledged kids is not much of a man in my book and likely to be untrustworthy. 5. One of the three men who supposedly scored the rack is Dan Bertalan. Dan is the marketing agent for a group of companies that made hunting products used and endorsed byRompola. The other two where both friends as well. 6. Rompola claims to have killed the Missouri record non-typical buck with a field point back in 1962. There is however no record of this deer and people active in Missouri bowhunting for the past 40 years state that they have never heard of this deer or Mitch. 7. The area this deer was supposedly killed in is not known to produce racks of this size. 8. Most telling of all is that after years of Mitch calling this deer a world record without doing anything to get official verification Milo Hanson the current owner of the world record typical buck threatened to sue Rompola if he didn' t put up or shut up. Faced with this threat Mr Rompola folded like a cardboard box in the rain. He signed a legal agreement to stop calling his rack a world record and renounced all rights to display it as such. Now why would any sane human do that unless they had something to hide?
Old 07-09-2003, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven' t had the priviledge of taking a record buck , but taking a buck like that would be enough for me . The real record of any trophy is in your heart , or on your wall . So he didn' t enter it in P&Y , that' s his choice to make . I do think that if he wanted to " share it with the world" as the article said he probably should have called P&Y to officially score it though .
Old 07-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can' t believe it' s been 5 years already []

It doesn' t really matter to me if it' s real or not. I think that even if he is a very private person, and doesn' t want to enter it in the record books, human nature would lead him to at least have the antlers xrayed and verified. I don' t care who you are or how you think...no on likes to be called a liar.

I will say though...I' d like to just get a look at a few deer the size of some he has killed. Regardless of whether that one is real or not, he has taken some other very impressive bucks. Unless of course....he made those too [][>:]
Old 07-09-2003, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

Mitch Rompola did not shoot that buck!!!!!!!

I did
Old 07-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would like to talk to Rompolo about staring in a new hunting show called " Monsters Only I Can See"
Gerinimo I think a better title for the show would be " Monsters onlu I can make" !
Old 07-09-2003, 06:28 PM

The story goes, he had his eye on this deer for a couple year' s, in a very heavily
hunted, small area, the question I pose on another forum? why has nobody found
this buck' s shed' s from previous year' s? why like rack- attack said, it' s a fack
Old 07-09-2003, 07:10 PM

i would like to see it - i' ve never seen a fack before[>:]

can somebody scan the picture, i have not the slightest idea about this " buck" but would like to see a pic of it if possible
Old 07-09-2003, 07:17 PM
nub

Old 07-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your right , that looks " fack" as hell!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:36 PM

Can you smell that, its BULL$HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: ANY OPINIONS ON MITCH ROMPOLA STORY IN " DEER & DEER HUNTING" MAG?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.