Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Lovers - A must read >

Bowtech Lovers - A must read

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Lovers - A must read

Old 08-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Spike

ya know, ive had 2 bowtechs blow up on me, one of which was my 06 allegiance and one was a diamond justice right out of the box at work. on mine, the bottom limb blew out. on the diamond at work, the limb pocket blew out and about took my head off. does that mean im gonna hammer them every chance i get. absolutely not. ive worked on and owned enough bowtechs to know that without a doubt they make an excellent product. it happened 2 years ago. theres probly been enough bashing done over this to cover the next 20 years. its old news. everyone has their preferences of what they like and dont like. i think its about time to get over it and move on
Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
Second, why would you own them all, if your happy with the one that you use?

Over my 30years of hunting I have owned at least one of each of the major manufacturers and some smaller ones too. I buy what ever fits good in my hand and suites what I will be using it for.

My last bow was a 07 Guardian, which was by far IMHO the best bow I have ever hunted with.

I will no longer be hunting with any of them again. I have recently become disabled due to an accident.

Now I am paitently waiting on my next animal slayer, my brand new 2010 Tenpoint Phantom CLS. Should be here Monday and I can't wait to do some shooting.

I am very sorry to hear that you had an accident that will not allow you to bow hunt. Not being able to bow hunt is something that I couldn't imagine.... I think you will find that the Tenpoint Phantom will bring you some enjoyment. Best of luck to you.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM
bigcountry

Of course you wouldn't come here trying to do a product harm. I make a living designing optic networks, I wouldn't dare bash a potential buyer. And I know the dirt on many of the worlds largest networks.

Bowtech has put out crap the last few years, thats the bottom line.

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I have worked on thousands of bows over the years and have had steel cables separate and the bow come apart. I have had cams break while at full draw. I have had string and cable posts sheer off causing the bow to come apart, I have had limbs fold in half while at full draw, and a number of other things break on bows of all brands.

Just this last week I had a PSE sheer off a cable post on a cam while I was at full draw.

Never have I come on a forum with with such intent on single handedly destroying a bow company like you have.

It happens no matter what name is on the bow. I have never had a company not take care of any problems with their produces.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:53 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
.The bow was under warranty so there was no charge.
did they take care of shipping to and from? I have dealt too many times with bowtech, and have been out 40-50 dollars every time.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Of course you wouldn't come here trying to do a product harm.
You are right that I don't come here looking to bash a product. That;s because every one out there puts out bad things from time to time as I said in the post you quoted. BUT you should know by now that if someone asks for an opinion I will give it to them the way I see it and according to my experience with the products good or bad.

There are products that we sell that I wouldn't hit a hog in the ass with much less use for hunting and when asked what I think about these products i give them my honest opinion... whether they ask on a forum like this or in the store.

But I know that all companies have problems with products from time to time so I don't feel the need to make it a point to bash a company every time I get the chance because of a problem or two. If I did I would never quit typing.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
bigcountry

Well, its nice your so understanding with a big company and really keep thier best interest at heart.

But for me, I am paying for thier mistakes. They are pocketing the money and running. You really think John Strasheim gives a crap I lost 125 dollars on a 2009 sentinel because of thier design flaws with the riser? Do you think John is just all broke up for the folks who bought generals and now because of thier reputations, these folks can't give em away. I wonder if John is that concerned that folks fork out and most likely go in debt to buy a high end bow, just to have turn around and ship back costing them over $40 to fix limbs, and cam leans? No, he doesn't give a crap. He makes his living off the backs of regular guys.

Sure he lives in a real nice house with a 50K truck, feeling all good inside that they put an american flag on thier limb with Philippians 4:19 on it naming most all thier bows with patriotic names.

Originally Posted by bigbulls
You are right that I don't come here looking to bash a product. That;s because every one out there puts out bad things from time to time as I said in the post you quoted. BUT you should know by now that if someone asks for an opinion I will give it to them the way I see it and according to my experience with the products good or bad.

There are products that we sell that I wouldn't hit a hog in the ass with much less use for hunting and when asked what I think about these products i give them my honest opinion... whether they ask on a forum like this or in the store.

But I know that all companies have problems with products from time to time so I don't feel the need to make it a point to bash a company every time I get the chance because of a problem or two. If I did I would never quit typing.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Host of Hosts

BC, Just so you know John Strasheim left Bowtech in January of 2009. ooops!

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/latest...ping-down.html

Last edited by PABuck_HNTR; 08-30-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

This topic has run it's course. Thank you for your participation.