Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Lovers - A must read >

Bowtech Lovers - A must read

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Lovers - A must read

Old 08-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

but sometimes it is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts. I "heard" that somewhere too, and it dates back to Shakespeare!
Then you should really stop typing because you're looking like a fool trying to dig up two year old "issues".

If you read some of my other posts on products, you will see that I give credit where credit is due.
I did and 12 of the 21 bow hunting posts you have made thus far have been bashing posts.

You have gone so far as to bash the bows in threads about broadheads....

a thread about entry level crossbows you bring up the Bowtech stryker which the OP isn't even considering...

a thread where the OP started a Mathews Z7 bashing thread.

another thread where the OP is telling everyone how he liked his new bow purchase...

Then there's the thread when you compared the general to buying gas from Afghanistan....

Then there's the thread about youth bows where you pass along a "rumor", as you put it, that the general killed someone in California.

Like I said, you came here with an agenda.

Last edited by bigbulls; 08-26-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

Sounds like a bad experience with an axe to grind with Bowtech. Which is all well and good I guess. This is America...knock yourself out with your posts. Just know that many others out there are going to eat you up faster than a fat kid eats cake.

Love the General and I'm not beholden to any manufacturer. Feels great, shoots great and is a flat out good looking bow.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

The cam sheared apart which cut the string… and ripped the skin from my arm.
I have worked on thousands of bows over the years and have had steel cables separate and the bow come apart. I have had cams break while at full draw. I have had string and cable posts sheer off causing the bow to come apart, I have had limbs fold in half while at full draw, and a number of other things break on bows of all brands.

Just this last week I had a PSE sheer off a cable post on a cam while I was at full draw.

Never have I come on a forum with with such intent on single handedly destroying a bow company like you have.

It happens no matter what name is on the bow. I have never had a company not take care of any problems with their produces.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear you got hurt.I bought a brand new leftover General off ebay that had already had the limb fix but another problem began to develop.They were not put on correctly.I brought it in to a local Bowtech pro shop and he had it all fixed within one week.That was last summer and I've never had another problem with it since.The bow was under warranty so there was no charge.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
Sorry to hear you got hurt.I bought a brand new leftover General off ebay that had already had the limb fix but another problem began to develop.They were not put on correctly.I brought it in to a local Bowtech pro shop and he had it all fixed within one week.That was last summer and I've never had another problem with it since.The bow was under warranty so there was no charge.
I am glad to see that your bow was fixed and you have enjoyed shooting it. People in this forum seem to think that my posts are to destroy the Bowtech company, and they are correct. When a person has a bad experience to the level that I did, it is be expected. I am not bashing anyone for owning or shooting the bow that they spend their hard earned money on. We are all alike in that we enjoy the outdoors, and at the end of the day... thats what it is about. Happy Hunting.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I have worked on thousands of bows over the years and have had steel cables separate and the bow come apart. I have had cams break while at full draw. I have had string and cable posts sheer off causing the bow to come apart, I have had limbs fold in half while at full draw, and a number of other things break on bows of all brands.

Just this last week I had a PSE sheer off a cable post on a cam while I was at full draw.

Never have I come on a forum with with such intent on single handedly destroying a bow company like you have.

It happens no matter what name is on the bow. I have never had a company not take care of any problems with their produces.
You are much more experienced with bows than I am, if you worked on thousands. I am a bow hunter, thats it. Not a bow technician, or professional guide. When I purchase a product, I expect quality. This is not always the case, as you point out above. But from this point forth you cannot claim that you never heard of a company not standing behind their product... you read my story. Happy Hunting Sir.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
Bowtech voluntarily recalled the product to fix the issue. If and that is a big if, it came back to you and you had it come apart on you, Iam sure we would have heard about it on the news or in sport magazines.
You strike me as a big mouth that would not let that go and would probably have sued. you know most people, if that had happened would have pics to back their story up. take the lies back to PSE, we don't need them!!!!
there are many companies that would have pushed this under the rug, instead of coming foward and trying to make it right.

I have never had a bow come apart on me and have owned them all. And in my humble opinion Bowtech is by far the BEST!!!!!

So to all going to by a new bow, go to the proshop and pick the onew that fits you!! Don't just buy a name because that is what everyone is using.
First and foremost, do not accuse me of being something as you never met me nor do you know my personality. Most people would sue, well I am not most people. I work for a living, not look for the next opportunity at a hand out.

Second, why would you own them all, if your happy with the one that you use?

Lastly, I am very happy that your bow has performed well. I hope that it continues to do so for years to come and you harvest the biggest buck in your area. Happy Hunting Sir or Ma'am.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Spike

Hmmmmmm Let me get this straight. The bow broke and injured him to the point where he was bleeding and he is out $900 bucks. But he will not sue them couse he thinks it is a hand out. Kinda makes ya wonder.

08 BowTech Tomkat
Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Spike

Pretty amazing , I have owned several bowtechs from 03- current one of which is a general , amazing bow smooth and quiet, Im not going to bash you for your slander on Bowtech because everyone is entitled to there opinion . I have had Hoyts, PSE's, Martins,
and Dartons blow up ,One from which I have a 3" scar from No big deal it a piece of equipment that can and will eventually fail no matter who manufactured it .Will I ever shoot one of those companies bow again ? I have and If it felt great in my hand and was smooth and accurate I would shoot any of those manufacturers bows again no questions asked . It was a voluntary recall which means they werent made by the government to be fixed , bowtech did this at there own expense , The shiny aluminum pieces in the limbs was the fix and many companies use them today , PSE, Martin, Mathews and more .What about all the split limbsand sheared of cam posts from Mathews, Martin, PSE, Just get up off your high horse and move on bows are under alot of stress with the way there made today to get them up to the speeds the consumers want . There isnt a company out there that doesnt make a high quality bow that will get the job done without problems
Welcome to the real world
Old 08-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Second, why would you own them all, if your happy with the one that you use?

Over my 30years of hunting I have owned at least one of each of the major manufacturers and some smaller ones too. I buy what ever fits good in my hand and suites what I will be using it for.

My last bow was a 07 Guardian, which was by far IMHO the best bow I have ever hunted with.

I will no longer be hunting with any of them again. I have recently become disabled due to an accident.

Now I am paitently waiting on my next animal slayer, my brand new 2010 Tenpoint Phantom CLS. Should be here Monday and I can't wait to do some shooting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.