Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Still cant make up my mind. >

Still cant make up my mind.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Still cant make up my mind.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Spike

Default Still cant make up my mind.

BROADHEADS BROADHEADS BROADHEADS. I cant decide on what broadhead i want to try this year. The few that Im looking at now are the Reign, the Grim Reaper Razortip, the Muzzy MX-3, and the G5 T3 or Tekan. What are yalls thoughts on those broadheads?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Spike

G5 Montec - Hands down
Old 08-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty simple process, any good sharp broadhead that groups well with your bow will kill deer...I've killed more with a 125gr Thunderhead than any others simply because I've used them over 25 years...But I've also killed them with 125gr 3-blade Muzzys and the 125gr Spitfire...Couldn't tell much difference, they all worked...

Most guys spend more time fussing over their equipment than scouting and shooting...Kinda reminds me of some "trophy wives"...If they spent more time pleasing their husband than primping they would have a better marriage...
Old 08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using Muzzys and have never had any reason to change. No dear has made it past 50 yards. Not that you are one of them but I hate the hunters who think that a "good" broadhead can fix a "BAD" shot.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Spike

Dont know about the others but grim reapers and slick tricks fly great and kill fast . Heard nothing but good things about the G5's .
Old 08-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by phil_pick
I have been using Muzzys and have never had any reason to change. No dear has made it past 50 yards. Not that you are one of them but I hate the hunters who think that a "good" broadhead can fix a "BAD" shot.
I am definitely not one of those hunters. I am a hunter that will not take a shot unless i am comfortable with it and it is an ethical shot. In fact this is only my second year hunting deer. I've hunted turkeys with a shotgun for a a couple more years. I am just looking for a good dependable durable broadhead. Ive had bad luck with rage 2 blades. I have killed several raccoons with the muzzy 100 gr. 3 and 4 blades, razortips. crimson talons, spitfires, and montecs. I love the muzzys but i like the way mechanical broadheads fly. I have yet to find a mechanical that is as durable as a muzzy.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang nchawkeye! You are the first one that I have met who has been shooting them longer than me! I started using them in '91. Switched to Rage last year and am going back to Thunderheads this year. Not that I had any bad experiences with Rages but I have 3 unopened boxes of Thunderheads!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Spike

I've always liked the G5 Montec. They have treated me well.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

I still have a few of my old thunderheads on my arrows as well. I never realy bought into all the hype about these new broadheads. get sumtin that flys straight and put the arrow in the vitals. Muzzy 3 and 4 blades always flew funny and did a spiral thing when I shot them.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Alpine_Archer
Muzzy 3 and 4 blades always flew funny and did a spiral thing when I shot them.
For some reason i always had that issue with muzzys too. My bow was always tuned to. Not with thunderheads. I think it's me though, too many guys shoot muzzys and love them. I love thunderheads though, never had flight issues with those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.