Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Diamond Rock vs Marquis >

Diamond Rock vs Marquis

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Rock vs Marquis

Old 08-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diamond Rock vs Marquis

All right guys, trying to decide between buying an '08 Diamond Rock or an '09 Diamond Marquis. The difference in the price is next to nothing - bare bow each.

Leaning towards the Marquis - give me your opinions!

Last edited by wallhangr; 08-23-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I really enjoyed shooting the Marquis last year when I was shooting bows. I went with a Mathews, but liked the Marquis. Shoot both of them about 20-30 times in a row, back to back. That should give you a good feel for which one you can shoot better or which one feels better in your hand. I never shot the Rock, but the Marquis is a good bow.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Marquis a while back, loved it. Just can't find a Rock of that model close by to test.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Spike

If it is made by Bowtech, it is not worth having. Their bows are very poor quality, and have a reputation of being dangerous. Shoot other brands and you will see for yourself quality equipment. In addition, the customer service at Bowtech is sub standard at best. take it from an outdoor enthusiast that have been down the Bowtech road.

Good luck.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vipermike98
If it is made by Bowtech, it is not worth having. Their bows are very poor quality, and have a reputation of being dangerous. Shoot other brands and you will see for yourself quality equipment. In addition, the customer service at Bowtech is sub standard at best. take it from an outdoor enthusiast that have been down the Bowtech road.

Good luck.
Been around for quite a while myself and have only heard of Bowtech having an issue with the limbs on one model - and this ain't one of them. Actually never had issues with any of the bows I've owned in the past regardless of manufacturer - I do my homework.

Bought the Marquis by the way. Don't know if it wil make it into the woods this season (it starts in a couple weeks) but it will be set up soon.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by wallhangr
Been around for quite a while myself and have only heard of Bowtech having an issue with the limbs on one model - and this ain't one of them. Actually never had issues with any of the bows I've owned in the past regardless of manufacturer - I do my homework.

Bought the Marquis by the way. Don't know if it wil make it into the woods this season (it starts in a couple weeks) but it will be set up soon.
Thats not too bad, one model. Quality Control did their homework too.... Wear your safety helmet, and good luck!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vipermike98

Good luck.
LOL. Sorry you had a bad experience.

To address the question in the post, I have handled both bows. I would be inclined to get the Marquis, esp if price is about the same. I find it hard to believe that the Rock wouldn't be cheaper. Brand new and in the same model year, it was considerably cheaper. You are either getting a heck of a deal on the Marquis or getting screwed on the Rock. If you don't mind saying, what are the prices?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ben - ended up getting the '09 Marquis for $300, bare bow w/new custom strings.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wallhangr
Ben - ended up getting the '09 Marquis for $300, bare bow w/new custom strings.
Good deal, I am positive you will be happy with your purchase.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
Good deal, I am positive you will be happy with your purchase.
Ben, your being very optimistic. I am sad and in mourning that fellow hunters are supplying such a poor company with funding. It is similar to purchasing fuel from Afghan gas stations. Feeding the beast that will eventually cause havoc. But this is why I love my US of A, freedom of choice! ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.