Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Realtree Roadtrips with Michael Waddell >

Realtree Roadtrips with Michael Waddell

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Realtree Roadtrips with Michael Waddell

Old 07-21-2003, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Realtree Roadtrips with Michael Waddell

I like Michael a lot!! I think he would be great to have in hunting camp. The hunt was awesome and it got me fired up to go to Colorado this fall.I bowhunted the Gila four years ago and I could of swore it was no motorized vehicles allowed.We couldn' t even have a generator in camp.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:33 PM

I too think that the show is great! Like stated before I think Mr. Waddell is a very down to earth person, and would be a hoot to have in camp. I will be tuning in every chance I get.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched the 1st. & 3rd. show. I missed the second show. I really like the show & hope to find it on video SOON.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-29-2003, 09:41 AM

This is an old post from earlier, but I thought I would throw in my $00.02 and say that I thought it was a great shot and a great show. I like the way they cover more of the hunt and the steaks afterwards.

I would like to see them skin the whole animal out on TV to see how they quarter an elk!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Spike

Haven' t seen it yet, but I' m looking foward to it. Waddell is a hoot. I love his " Yeah baby!" and " That' s what I' m talking about" lines. I also think he' s a great shot. Why was he the replacement? My first guess is that Realtree wanted to grab a younger generation of shooters - just a guess though.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:57 PM

I think Waddells show is on the Thursday night " hunting block" of shows as well as the Sunday night reair. Waddell has come into his own. His show is already the #3 ranked show on the Outdoor Channel. It will only go higher. His enthusiasm and " down to earthness" is what folks seem to like the most and that is what sponsors are willing to pay for. He acts like a lucky kid who realizes where he is and the opportunity he has. He doesnt have that " LOOK AT ME I' M JOE BOB PROHUNTER, YOU PISS-ON COMMONERS BOWDOWN AT MY FEET I AM A PROFESSIONAL" attitude that so many slapnuts get after they have been " in the biz" for a few years.

He will be a GIANT in the industry before his time is up if he keeps his head on straight!
RA
Old 07-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

I have really liked Micheal Waddell for a while now, and I have been watching the Road Trips show every week now and really think that it is a great show, but man my respect for him went off the charts after last weeks show. If you didn' t see it, there was a little boy that has cancer and he is a Realtree fanatic. His parents said that his dream was to meet the Realtree guys. Well meet them he did. They brought he and his parents down to the Realtree headquarters for 4 days. They gave him a tour of the facilities, hung out with him and took him on a turkey hunt , and fishing. They were all great with this little guy, but Waddell just went the extra mile. You could tell that he sincerely wanted to make sure that the 4 days would be the best that this little guy ever had. The two of them really bonded. You could see that it was a genuine act of love on Waddells part, not just a show for the cameras. It was an incredible show. Hopefully all of you were able to see it. It was one of those reality checks that we all need from time to time. I would love to be able to shake Michael Waddell' s hand and thank him for his graciousness to this little boy and for making his dream come true. He has a big fan here!
Old 07-29-2003, 09:01 PM

Excellent, love the humor cant wait to see the next one.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

A close quote from Michael, " Horns aren' t the only trophy on an Elk!" He says this as he' s cooking Elk on the grill. Makes my mouth water just watching it!

You bet I' m jealous! Way to go Michael!

Quick Reply: Realtree Roadtrips with Michael Waddell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.