Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Broadhead question >

Broadhead question

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead question

Old 08-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I stopped looking for a better designed mechanical once I found the RAGE 2 blade.

I was so against mechanicals until I saw the rage 2 blade, and to me it just makes sense. Maybe some other mechanical out there has a good design as well, but I haven't seen it, though I haven't been looking either.

A mechanical that is fully deployed upon impact.....that doesn't fold back like most mechanicals is what sold me...

I would also use NAP razorbaks if I needed a fixed blade bh, it's a cut on contact 2 blade with 2 bleeders with rotating technology, a great design IMO.

Last edited by salukipv1; 08-21-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Holy Crap!

Welcome back 5 Shot. Been a long time since I have seen you post... you need to come around more often.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's good to be back. I think I just needed a little break. good to see your still handing out good advice.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

i think, though some will disagree, any broadhead on the market will succeed as long as your making the right shot. how dead is dead? lol.. as long as your head is razor sharp you'll do fine. i switched to rage but i almost bought slick tricks. if the rage doesnt do what i need them to do, ill probably have tricks next year.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

the slick tricks were ok. They just didnt really impress me. I also like to try out new things until i find that perfect set up for myself.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
Hey guys just wanting some opinions on a few different broadheads. Im currently shooting slick tricks and im looking to switch this year. I havent jumped on the Rage bandwagon and have never shot mechanicals. Ive been looking at some of the G5 broadheads and some of the NAP broadheads. The ones ive been looking at are the G5 striker and wasnt to sure about the G5 mechanicals on how good they were and if its even worth switching to mechanicals ive also been looking at the NAP hell razor and the blood runner. What are some of your guys opinions?
just stay with your fixed blade, they are the best, less to go wrong. i quit mechanicals before, i tried em again, and now back in the same boat..my fixed are the best for me
Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

nothing wrong with trying new things, you can learn a lot and its a ton of fun!