Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Smart phone video\range finder sight >

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Old 09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

There is no way you can learn how to write that program in 30 days.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
There is no way you can learn how to write that program in 30 days.
HAHA!
Sure there is- I am working with the developer who has the code written already- it just needs tweaked- but I have hit a roadblock with it on uneven surfaces - it will onl work on flat ground or steady up\ downhill grades.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I turn my phone off when I hunt. I can judge distance on my own. A compound bow is enough technology for me. I won't be buying any Smart Phone in the future. I like to keep it as basic as possible. Good Luck in your Venture.
Sure, I understand.The crossbow and traditional guys as well as compound folks all have different opinions. I want to record my hunt- the phone can be turned to "airplane" mode to turn off the ringer. Essentially it is a video cam\camera.
You might not want to record your hunt but there are thousands that do.
I also carry my phone with me in the event of an emergency- it works well for that and I highly recommend it.
You can also use trail marking,gps,check the weather,video conference your shot in real time to anyone who has a smartphone or a computer.
My phone is the most important tool for me in the woods- only second to my bow.

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-11-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Spike

FREE STUFF!
We are looking for Beta testers- 3 of them (and a backup)
www.forhuntersbyhunters.blogspot.com
Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Typical Buck

im smelling spam so tell me if its hard to record your shoot with a bow mounted cameras all you se is a sudden jolt the bow shakes and you dont get the arrow hitting how does your setup eliminate this issue

i have purchased a few different bow cams and none give you a clear release picture cant see this working any better as for range finding if you want to for 20 dollars there are accurate sight mounted ranging devices that work well alot cheaper then a smart phone

spam

Last edited by ozbowhunter; 09-13-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by xdamageincx
Sure, I understand.The crossbow and traditional guys as well as compound folks all have different opinions. I want to record my hunt- the phone can be turned to "airplane" mode to turn off the ringer. Essentially it is a video cam\camera.
You might not want to record your hunt but there are thousands that do.
I also carry my phone with me in the event of an emergency- it works well for that and I highly recommend it.
You can also use trail marking,gps,check the weather,video conference your shot in real time to anyone who has a smartphone or a computer.
My phone is the most important tool for me in the woods- only second to my bow.

I record some of my hunts with a high quality video camera attached to a tree arm. You won't get very good viseo off the smart phone, it will be shakey, but if that turns you on go for it.

It is a SAD day for the American Sportsman when your phone is your second best piece of hunting equipment. Hope your battery doesn't die it may ruin your hunt, but you will probably have extras since it is so important.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

he probably has it connected to some sort of solar panel just to be sure it wont go flat lol
Old 09-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Spike

The point is that most people carry phones.
The range finder information can be read on the site.
it isn't spam, it is reality.
It often tickles me to hear about how it can't be done when some aren't willing to go see.
I don't want all of that bracketry attached to my tree and I already own a phone. it does a heck of alot more than any camera or camcorder on the market can.
The idea is to enable most people to easily film their hunt.
I don't want to buy a big and bulky camera to lug around with me to my stands either. I often switch from location to location carrying my bow,climber and archery bag. I always have my phone on my person.
Sure there is some vibration at the shot but you still get to film the hunt and the vibration is only a fraction of a second. The camera stay on target when I shoot.
It is a lot lighter and I already have it with me so why not?

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
im smelling spam so tell me if its hard to record your shoot with a bow mounted cameras all you se is a sudden jolt the bow shakes and you dont get the arrow hitting how does your setup eliminate this issue

i have purchased a few different bow cams and none give you a clear release picture cant see this working any better as for range finding if you want to for 20 dollars there are accurate sight mounted ranging devices that work well alot cheaper then a smart phone

spam

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-13-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Spike

Maybe you don't understand what the capability of a smart phone is. Do you own one?
There are literally over 60 thousand applications and a whole slew geared toward hunting.
It has gps (with all kinds of maps) an internet connection and the ability to call someone in an emergency. I can even broadcast my hunt live from the tree all with my little phone.You can check the current weather by radar,search the web and plot what you see (make a database for the land you encounter and where game travel)...It can do so much more than that.
If you carry your big camera and arm, a gps, a cell phone and a pc with you you would be capable of the same thing. I'd rather just bring my phone.
So you see, it is probably the most powerful tool in my arsenal oter than my killing weapon.
There isn't any shake in the video because I don't shake when I shoot. I don't know any archers that do.The only shake is a fraction of a second when the shot is made. I can live with that,maybe you can't. I know I would be shaking from carrying all of that gear I mentioned above but I don't need it. I have it all in my wallet sized phone.I have my google maps property hunting boundaries mapped out and I can see real time where my hunting buddies are in relation to my location.It has a compas and a level to keep my bow level. I could even use it as my site if needed.
I can text,instant message,teleconference,mark way points,find daylight hours,moon phases (if you believe in that stuff) and so on.
I can also film my hunt with a package that weighs very little.
The really sad thing is that it is the future and you don't have to go along with it. I choose to.
Reminds me of the movie Big Jake when his son busts out the scope on his pistol...

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I record some of my hunts with a high quality video camera attached to a tree arm. You won't get very good viseo off the smart phone, it will be shakey, but if that turns you on go for it.

It is a SAD day for the American Sportsman when your phone is your second best piece of hunting equipment. Hope your battery doesn't die it may ruin your hunt, but you will probably have extras since it is so important.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Spike

Nah,
I dont need a huge battery either- just the phone.
It will last all day.
Maybe you guys have smart phones confused with those old suitcase cell phones from Miami vice.
The camera on the phone is 5 megapixel. I can take a video and upload it to youtube or photobucket or my website from the tree.
I suppose you guys don't use you tube and maybe sell your videos. if you do, I understand.
if you just post them on youtube or photobucket the quality is so poor that it wouldn't compete with my phones video quality.
There are a few nay sayers...do any of you have a smart phone.

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
he probably has it connected to some sort of solar panel just to be sure it wont go flat lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.