Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Smart phone video\range finder sight >

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Spike

I apologize it wasn't meant to be that way.
I don't use any minutes and have unlimited minutes,text,IM etc on the lowest min plan verizon offers.
I use voip for everything and have a permanant google number that i will have forever.
I found it much cheaper for my whole family to pay for each phone a data plan and min minutes. Everyone can watch unlimited everything and talk forever for 60$ a month.

I am not sure about Iphone( and the mount works for iphones ,blackberry,kodak playsport and a whole host of other mobile devices- not only android.
I can also film all day on a usb extended battery that is tiny and plugs right into my phone mounted to my bow.
Like this( so you don't have to interrupt your live broadcast) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazon-Kindle-IP...#ht_2023wt_704
Or you can buy battary packs 2 for 10$ and swap them out every few hours.

I am just trying to get folks to see but I think it may be too early yet. It really does lighten the load.
It really isn't that strange sinc all of my mounts have went to people who are up to date with technology except one who is an older gent that doesn't want to carry all of his gear and wants to see his family where he travels to hunt with his phone.

Originally Posted by ron3775
I can say, excellent idea and I hope that it goes well for you. I have an iphone and can see exactly what you are trying to do. Would definitely lighten the load.

On the other hand, just because someone doesn't google chat doesn't mean they are behind the times. Its just cheaper for me to have a family texting plan then it is to have a data plan for my family. 20 a month for unlimited texting is a hell of a lot cheaper then paying for a data plan for each. besides my Iphone is second hand so I didn't have to get a data plan for that either. I can still use all the apps that apply when I need them. Best of luck with your app, and if it comes to apple, I may have to look into it, but no reason to insult for a lack of technology.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by xdamageincx
You should really get with the times.Only high school kids text today.
Technology changes fater than the idiots can make comments and so the gentleman who was making fun of people like you has cemented his comment.
SMS is dead.Only retards use it today.
After reading the majority of your posts, especially the one containing the above immature, uneducated and downright insulting comments, I must conclude that you are what my father referred to as an "educated idiot". Sure, you've got some "book smarts", but you lack the common sense required to make good use of that knowledge.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor, but if you want to succeed you'd better learn to keep this kind of crap from spilling out of your mouth or onto your keyboard. At this point even if your product succeeded and I wanted one I wouldn't buy it because I know just enough about the guy that invented it to make me dislike him.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LittleChief
After reading the majority of your posts, especially the one containing the above immature, uneducated and downright insulting comments, I must conclude that you are what my father referred to as an "educated idiot". Sure, you've got some "book smarts", but you lack the common sense required to make good use of that knowledge.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor, but if you want to succeed you'd better learn to keep this kind of crap from spilling out of your mouth or onto your keyboard. At this point even if your product succeeded and I wanted one I wouldn't buy it because I know just enough about the guy that invented it to make me dislike him.
Thank you. Also damage, you say you're over 40...and texting is "so highschool". When you were in highschool did they even have computers?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
Thank you. Also damage, you say you're over 40...and texting is "so highschool". When you were in highschool did they even have computers?
We had computers.I worked on autocad in my sophmore year.
You get my point though, today's technology is more advanced and under utilized but it is there.Why not embrace it vs. fight it.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LittleChief

Maybe it is too early for the "tard" joke. I watch Tosh.o and I guess my skin is a little thicker than yours.
Today some things are more acceptable than they were just a short while ago.
Elvis was banned for swinging his hips.Madonna well, that was awhile ago. Today Lady gag does things people don't even blink when they see it.
I apologize if I offended you , I guess I see the world differently and have a different sense of humor that some do and will keep your comment in mind.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by xdamageincx
We had computers.I worked on autocad in my sophmore year.
You get my point though, today's technology is more advanced and under utilized but it is there.Why not embrace it vs. fight it.
Yes, I get your point. I'm just saying out of everybody that I know, the people that would have more success with your product are the highschool students/college students. Why? Because that's their era, I do not know many 40 year old people that would easily access a smart phone as you say you do. Atleast in my neck of the woods.

Last edited by HardwoodHunter; 09-20-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Spike

Hello there everyone!

This seems more like a bit of coincidence, since this was an idea of mine, that I have posted a request for on the XDA forums a while back...with similar intentions in mind...small world I'd say...:-)

Just seems like a bit of a coincidence, and of course my request was for a Win-mo app.

Nevertheless, I am glad it is materializing - even if it is for the droid platform. Not sure where the HD2-droid marriage is @ this point, as I have worked out my issues with Win-mo, but I will have a look.

And yeah, I am also over 40...

IMO, it is not completely fair, that You guys are unloading on this fella here, he is bringing something of a convenience to some of us, and of course, if You back him up in a corner, he is liable to bite. OTOH, he could also have showed some restraint, after all, he IS selling something here, which I, for instance, would be happy to pay for, if I could get it.

As I said: Hello everyone, I am new to the world of hunting with a bow, nice to meet Ya fellaz, I find the site useful and informative...how about that for a first post?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Spike

Actually, I have just had an ever better idea, as I have watched Your video and thought this through.

Why not use the camera and the application as Your actual bowsight??? Replace the mechanical sight completely!

Calibrate it for distances, make it multy-dot, or auto-adjust, or make it all manually/digitally adjustable and with a decent quality zoom-lens, dimming, you could have a great bow-sight, that doubles as a bow-camera?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-HD2-HD...item43a186a2cb

Imagine all of us geezers with diminishing eyesight flocking to the digital age?

:-)

Last edited by leenk; 09-22-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by leenk
Actually, I have just had an ever better idea, as I have watched Your video and thought this through.

Why not use the camera and the application as Your actual bowsight??? Replace the mechanical sight completely!

Calibrate it for distances, make it multy-dot, or auto-adjust, or make it all manually/digitally adjustable and with a decent quality zoom-lens, dimming, you could have a great bow-sight, that doubles as a bow-camera?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-HD2-HD...item43a186a2cb

Imagine all of us geezers with diminishing eyesight flocking to the digital age?

:-)
HAHA! Great!
An awfully strange coincidence ...
If you went to my site(www.forhuntersbyhunters.blogspot.com) and looked around you would see that this is the direction that the project is going.Why android? Because they have the only open source app development currently.As I am sure you are aware, this is a multi billion dollar business.
My hat is off to you for your understanding of the possibility of the entire concept.If I don't do it somebody will that is for sure and I believe that this will be the natural progression of the tools for bow hunters that will be available at some point. I currently have a beta test in progress with many different types of bows( and device platforms-some are not smart phones) and a display this weekend in New Hampshire with a camera manufacturer.
Eventually it will come to market and be "old school" but today people don't realize what is available to them (in regard to technology) and choose to stick with they know.
Let me know if you would like to work on this with me since I am more than willing to make it a reality( I have a few other ideas that I am sure you have probably considered).
...and yes I am frustrated by the nay sayers who don't quite have a full grasp on what they carry in their pocket everyday as an example:
I can't understand why anyone would want to use sms when they have free and available better technology but will pay for something that is very limited. My wife to this day has a hard time excepting that she can continue to communicate with her friends sms but not use it and pay for it.
Anyway, let me know if you want to work with me on this. I am broadcasting live hunts now and I don't think anyone in the world is doing it.Funny thing is that it takes little knowledge a download on your smart phone and an open mind.Nothing more.Anyone can do it in 5 mins.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Spike

Oh, and I have mentioned before about broadcasting live hunts.Check this out(I am sure there will be all kinds of comments that don't agree but I have done it and have it ready to go for very little cost)
Live 4+ hr broadcasting with video and sound that is better than you tube quality:

I never thought the day would come that I would plug my bow into a wall(this should get some interesting feedback)

It is so simple that it is ridiculous...
I have another unit on its way that will give me over 6 hours of live broadcasting for less than 70$.No monthly fees, nothing.You even use a server that stores all of this data and don't have to pay for that or eat up your own hard drive and it is done automatically with a click of a soft button.

If anyone wanted a particular color stabilizer we can do it.The issue now is that archery season is here( and I hunt everyday) and the orders that I am getting in are requests for all types of things (in addition to what I have for sale right now). I have no choice but to stick with what I have developed and can't make custom configurations for everyone.
I can guarantee you one thing, I will have a digital sight on my bow next year with zoom etc and will throw the mechanical site in the trash. Who needs it? With the phones of today the screen is almost as large as the viewing area- pretty much heads up display. Why boy a 100$ bowsite when you have a phone in your pocket that will do more than the site can?
I was discussing this topic on archery talk with a fellow archer and the guy (I believe) to this day still didn't believe me that the digital display of a phone could replace a sight.He had a difficult time grasping the fact that it was the same as a mechanical sight but became a virtual sight.
There is a stampede of people buying video equipment to film their hunts. They haven't realized that when they upload to u tube the picture quality is less than desirable. They will argue all day that they bought the best equipment available- and they have.The sad thing is that a cell phone has much more capability,weighs less,isn't going away,can communicate with a pc,can broadcast live,can send video to anyone,and can be mounted to your bow(so you don't need to bring your buddy),can show your your google maps(I load all of my way points,tree stand locations,trail cams,what I encounter while I am in the field etc) and so on.I can even pay bills(who wouldn't want to be able to do this so that they can spend more time hunting? Think about it- a virtual desk in your tree.Yeah we all want to experience hunting in those dull hours when nothing is happening all the while you are at home at your desk completing these dull mundane domestic tasks I am completing them from my tree stand which gives me more time to HUNT!),set up my direct tv shows and record pawn stars from the tree,communicate through email for work,check the sunrise\sunset,read cnn,post to Hunting.net,IM my wife and see her location in the field when we are leaving the hunt for the day in real time and the list goes on and on.Like they say: there is an app for that!

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-23-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.