Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Smart phone video\range finder sight >

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by drockw
Some of the guys in this thread are so clueless that it's almost pitiful.

Stick with what you know, and comment where u can apply some help or info, not babble ignorance.

The new iOS 4.1 allows 720p HD uploading to YouTube!!! That means u can literally kill on film, and go home and crop what u want and upload in HD to YouTube in minutes.

I'd love to have/try one of these out for many things, not just hunting(target shooting).

I think this is cool and can certainly appreciate someone making things that are cutting edge for the guys who live the "modern" life as well as the good ol' outdoors one. I'm posting every bit of this from a "smartphone". Pretty cool huh???
Amen brother. I think that most people just aren't getting it. The ones that do are out filming now with their bows with light weight equipment that is nothing more than a stabilizer. It isn't just a "bunch of junk on your bow".
I broadcasted a clay shoot yesterday live with just my little phone.
Many people are going out and buyig the expensive cameras and carrying all of this equipment out into their spot and recording their hunts then uploading it online on poor resolution.It cracks me up.
I also realize that most people just don't realize what is out there today and how simple it is to use.They can stay in the dark ages, I choose not to like you.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
I'm honestly ashamed to think that Americans are actually letting electronics become involved in such a old, historic, sport like this...maybe in a couple years we'll have the bows sighting/shooting for us...
You must have a trad bow to make a statement like that.
You may not want to film your hunt to remember it forever. I wish that I could have filmed my first doe and could watch it today. It is a memory in my mind.
I rely on my phone for safety and many other reasons. Phones today are like mini computers.
Sure years ago people didn't use safety harnesses or compound bows.They didn't even have a cell phone. Today people have phones and so you really can't make them not take them into the woods. It is actually foolish not to bring a phone with you in the event that you fell out of your tree or whatever.So, if you have your phone with you why not use its capabilities to film your hunt without lugging a ton of equipment with you?
I can post to hunting.net while I am out there in my tree, Why wouldn't I? I enjoy the outdoors as much as the next guy and I have a mobile phone.I don't need to take the game reg book with me either since I can look it up anytime I want in the field. I can mark locations for rub lines etc. What is different about writing it donw on paper or remembering it? It is a sad day when people choose to live in the dark ages. Heck, I can record Pawn Stars from my tree while in the field so when I get home I can watch it. I can pay my bills etc which allows me more time in the field. Honestly who wouldn't want to spend more time outdoors?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BIGBUCK17
Maybe some people will like that but my phone is definitely not the second most important piece of hunting equipment. and plus i dont want all that crap on my bow anyway. I think ill just stick to judging yardage myself and also a actual video camera can get better video than phones can. Yea maybe some can record in hd or whatever but they aint gone work as good in low light or be as good on audio quality or reducing wind noise. Thats just how i feel about it.
What?
I don't know what kind of phone you have but I can record in high res and my sound quality is unbelievable.
If you watch my broadcast from my tree on 10/2 you will see that the sound quality is superb. I mount my phone to my rubicons dash and video offroading and broadcast it live and the quality is as good as television.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
that thing is an epic cam it is about three inches long and very light and it uploads straight to youtube as well
and explain to me if my phone is on my bow mounted in the stabliser hole how will i see through it to use it for aiming with marks superimposed on the screen REALLY ????
to much to bother with if i need to record it that little cam is great and it is light gets good video and works well to much tecnology will ruin the hunt andbelive me the pics are more stable then any i have ever taken on a bow mount and it gets the shot on video stable no bow shake and you see the arrow leave the bow as well as hit the target

i know plenty about the new phones and guess what mine makes calls as well
See through it?
If you ever looked at the new phones that have been out for about a year you would see a large screen and very little border around the screen.Almost like having nothing in front of you at all.
Imagine putting that screen in place of your bowsite. Now you have a 3.25 x 2" display(that will have magnification). There are programs out now like smart measure that have a duplex right on the screen. If code was written to super impose (whatever you want- a naked girl ,bow pins whatever) on the screen you have a digital site.
Mark my words it is coming. Do whatever you want to do. Your only real arguement is not seeing the arrow hit the deer (then use a luminock). Stick with your old technology- it works fine but why not use what is in your pocket already( your cell phone). I bet soon there will be digital sights that will replace the current mechanical ones.
There will also be infra red displays as well as light enhancement.
You guys from AU have made all kinds of internet software and you don't understand this?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
oh and when is the date for the wedding i want to be there to see your first dance with your phone at least it wont complain when you go hunting you get to take it with you

nice hope the two of you are happy together lol lol
HAHA...Nah I take my wife bow hunting. She is going to record her hunts also. We can talk to each other in our stands while in the field without any noise.

She is a tack driver. I will take my wife and both of our phones.
Good luck Crocodile Dundee...while you are throwing a shrimp on the barbi I will be hunting with my wife who is a Barbie. Lol.

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-16-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by drockw
Some of the guys in this thread are so clueless that it's almost pitiful.

Stick with what you know, and comment where u can apply some help or info, not babble ignorance.

The new iOS 4.1 allows 720p HD uploading to YouTube!!! That means u can literally kill on film, and go home and crop what u want and upload in HD to YouTube in minutes.

I'd love to have/try one of these out for many things, not just hunting(target shooting).

I think this is cool and can certainly appreciate someone making things that are cutting edge for the guys who live the "modern" life as well as the good ol' outdoors one. I'm posting every bit of this from a "smartphone". Pretty cool huh???
I have a low cost mount (35$)

another for $39 and a multi adjustable one for 65$
Old 09-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by xdamageincx
You must have a trad bow to make a statement like that.
You may not want to film your hunt to remember it forever. I wish that I could have filmed my first doe and could watch it today. It is a memory in my mind.
I rely on my phone for safety and many other reasons. Phones today are like mini computers.
Sure years ago people didn't use safety harnesses or compound bows.They didn't even have a cell phone. Today people have phones and so you really can't make them not take them into the woods. It is actually foolish not to bring a phone with you in the event that you fell out of your tree or whatever.So, if you have your phone with you why not use its capabilities to film your hunt without lugging a ton of equipment with you?
I can post to hunting.net while I am out there in my tree, Why wouldn't I? I enjoy the outdoors as much as the next guy and I have a mobile phone.I don't need to take the game reg book with me either since I can look it up anytime I want in the field. I can mark locations for rub lines etc. What is different about writing it donw on paper or remembering it? It is a sad day when people choose to live in the dark ages. Heck, I can record Pawn Stars from my tree while in the field so when I get home I can watch it. I can pay my bills etc which allows me more time in the field. Honestly who wouldn't want to spend more time outdoors?
well sh!t, sounds like you go into the woods to do other things in your life. I personally go into the woods to hunt, not to do my bills, record TV shows, play games, and not really hunt. Seems like you're kind of there for the kill, but you don't enjoy just the hunt? Oh, and by the way, I'm very into eletronics and my phone. Average about 7000 texts a month....not bad eh? But i just set time aside to hunt because i enjoy it, i don't get bored and have to do other things to keep me occupied while in the woods. Maybe you should put a fence around your property, put up cameras, tracking devices and other new non"darkage" technologies if you're so into it, captain new age.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Spike

well sh!t, sounds like you go into the woods to do other things in your life. I personally go into the woods to hunt, not to do my bills, record TV shows, play games, and not really hunt. Seems like you're kind of there for the kill, but you don't enjoy just the hunt? Oh, and by the way, I'm very into eletronics and my phone. Average about 7000 texts a month....not bad eh? But i just set time aside to hunt because i enjoy it, i don't get bored and have to do other things to keep me occupied while in the woods. Maybe you should put a fence around your property, put up cameras, tracking devices and other new non"darkage" technologies if you're so into it, captain new age.
It might sound like that but I hunt primarily public land. So does my wife and my stepson. We don't have the luxury to hunt private land and I am unemployed(laid of project manager).Sounds like to me that you are another one of those people that just don't get it.
It is good to hear that you text a lot but really SMS is dead- it is for those that dont get the technology. I haven't sent a SMS text in 2 years,. I strictly IM via VOIP or go through google. You should really get with the times.Only high school kids text today.
Technology changes fater than the idiots can make comments and so the gentleman who was making fun of people like you has cemented his comment.
SMS is dead.Only retards use it today. Ever heard of IM? SMS is a way that phone companies make money off of people like you.
Get with the program. Heck, I dont even get charged for minutes. <y last cell phone bill had 0 minutes used.
Why would you even comment. Obviously you don;t get it either.
I go into the woods to enjoy it really. I don;t use a slate board and chalk to communicate with people like you do.
Again the man that made the comment earlier was on spot.Stupid is as stupid does and you fit the bill. 7000 texts? Who does this anyway? Ever heard of Google? Ever seen a smart phone? Who in their right mind would even make a comment like this?
Let me start you off on new technology and help you out with your phone bill. My family doesn't even have SMS because it is only used by people who really don't get it.
Can anyone else rally and help this person? This must be a joke and I will brush it under the rug and forget about it because you need to catch up.I can help you with that...
By the way, this is a site for bow hunting, please don't throw stones at your target- that would be "stone throwing" which doesn't fit in very well here.
I forgive you for your ignorance,Just read CNN or Mashable everyday and you wouldn't make comments like that anymore.

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-16-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

its impossible. obviously you dont know anything about programing and or the technology your holding in your hand. im not on here everyday to here your response but. good luck, yet impossible with what you have. perhapps in a few years. def a cool idea. just not reality. also smells like spam...
Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Spike

I read this again and it really scared me/
7000 texts a month = 22.5 texts a day. You realyy type that many texts a month? Besides the fact that this equates to a text an hour and you have to type that many letters in a month...dude you need to get with the program...it makes me tired thinking about what you actually do.get a smart phone,use a reguler keypad and forget about being a superstar text fool.
Condense this down and quit ragging on me because you don't understand today's technology. I could really help you out. I bet you even pay for those texts...I wouldn't be proud of that at all.
I guess the reason I con't get people to realize what I am doing is because people are really this lost...
Again, thank you brother (I can't remember the posters name) people are really this stupid that they have not a clue what-so-ever and make comments like this and think they know something...pathetic. Someday they will get it and hopefully it won't pass them by. WHAT A JOKE.
This is scary. There hasn't been an article on how uneducated people utilize our available airwaves on cluttered bullshot because they don't know any better. I guess it is great for telecom companies to capitalize on ignorance.Pathetic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.