Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Smart phone video\range finder sight >

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by xdamageincx
Maybe you don't understand what the capability of a smart phone is. Do you own one?
There are literally over 60 thousand applications and a whole slew geared toward hunting.
It has gps (with all kinds of maps) an internet connection and the ability to call someone in an emergency. I can even broadcast my hunt live from the tree all with my little phone.You can check the current weather by radar,search the web and plot what you see (make a database for the land you encounter and where game travel)...It can do so much more than that.
If you carry your big camera and arm, a gps, a cell phone and a pc with you you would be capable of the same thing. I'd rather just bring my phone.
So you see, it is probably the most powerful tool in my arsenal oter than my killing weapon.
There isn't any shake in the video because I don't shake when I shoot. I don't know any archers that do.The only shake is a fraction of a second when the shot is made. I can live with that,maybe you can't. I know I would be shaking from carrying all of that gear I mentioned above but I don't need it. I have it all in my wallet sized phone.I have my google maps property hunting boundaries mapped out and I can see real time where my hunting buddies are in relation to my location.It has a compas and a level to keep my bow level. I could even use it as my site if needed.
I can text,instant message,teleconference,mark way points,find daylight hours,moon phases (if you believe in that stuff) and so on.
I can also film my hunt with a package that weighs very little.
The really sad thing is that it is the future and you don't have to go along with it. I choose to.
Reminds me of the movie Big Jake when his son busts out the scope on his pistol...
About the video quality.
The apple iphone( comparable to the droid phone in video quality) are smart phones.
A tv commercial was made for national television utilizing a smart phone. How much better do you want it to be? Some of the smaller video cameras record in HD. Who needs more than that?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by countryboy96
I will buy a smart phone to beta test it!
Where were you when we decided to beta test it?
Anyway...goodluck this year...I can't wait for the opener!...and I am sure you can't either...
Old 09-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Spike

Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the pics now i can make one with my garmin mount and my new iphone

or use one of these with the mount for your cap

it gets clear pics with no shaking because its not attached to your bow and only costs about 40 dollars then add one of these on your bow sight
http://www.deadonrangefinder.com/Demo.aspx for 20 dollars and you got it all for less then sixty dollars and the video quality is excellent

Last edited by ozbowhunter; 09-14-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
thanks for the pics now i can make one with my garmin mount and my new iphone

or use one of these with the mount for your cap

it gets clear pics with no shaking because its not attached to your bow and only costs about 40 dollars then add one of these on your bow sight
http://www.deadonrangefinder.com/Demo.aspx for 20 dollars and you got it all for less then sixty dollars and the video quality is excellent
What is that thing?
(my cap?)
I have a pretty cheap mount now available also.
THe phone could actually be used as a sight with the (bracketing technology) but superimposed on the screen. You would look through the phone at your target ( a duplex on the screen also) and illuminated pins etc.
I really didnt want to mount a cam on me when I already have on on my phone.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some of the guys in this thread are so clueless that it's almost pitiful.

Stick with what you know, and comment where u can apply some help or info, not babble ignorance.

The new iOS 4.1 allows 720p HD uploading to YouTube!!! That means u can literally kill on film, and go home and crop what u want and upload in HD to YouTube in minutes.

I'd love to have/try one of these out for many things, not just hunting(target shooting).

I think this is cool and can certainly appreciate someone making things that are cutting edge for the guys who live the "modern" life as well as the good ol' outdoors one. I'm posting every bit of this from a "smartphone". Pretty cool huh???
Old 09-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

I'm honestly ashamed to think that Americans are actually letting electronics become involved in such a old, historic, sport like this...maybe in a couple years we'll have the bows sighting/shooting for us...
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe some people will like that but my phone is definitely not the second most important piece of hunting equipment. and plus i dont want all that crap on my bow anyway. I think ill just stick to judging yardage myself and also a actual video camera can get better video than phones can. Yea maybe some can record in hd or whatever but they aint gone work as good in low light or be as good on audio quality or reducing wind noise. Thats just how i feel about it.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Typical Buck

that thing is an epic cam it is about three inches long and very light and it uploads straight to youtube as well
and explain to me if my phone is on my bow mounted in the stabliser hole how will i see through it to use it for aiming with marks superimposed on the screen REALLY ????
to much to bother with if i need to record it that little cam is great and it is light gets good video and works well to much tecnology will ruin the hunt andbelive me the pics are more stable then any i have ever taken on a bow mount and it gets the shot on video stable no bow shake and you see the arrow leave the bow as well as hit the target

i know plenty about the new phones and guess what mine makes calls as well
Old 09-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

oh and when is the date for the wedding i want to be there to see your first dance with your phone at least it wont complain when you go hunting you get to take it with you

nice hope the two of you are happy together lol lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.