Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Bowhunting Climber? >

Best Bowhunting Climber?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Bowhunting Climber?

Old 07-07-2003, 06:26 AM
DL2

Default Best Bowhunting Climber?

I need a stand that is lightweight, and fairly large with backpacking straps and one that can hold up to 275+ pounds.

Looking for info, links etc - thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:20 AM

Default RE: Best Bowhunting Climber?

Summit Cobra, Viper or Goliath
Old 07-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

summit cobra. can' t beat it. it' s light weight, easy back pack, the easiest to hook to the tree, sturdy, open at the front(no bar) and extremely confortable.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:25 AM

I own 3 climbers 2 summits and one API shooting star(gun and bow stand)the summits are some of the best stands out there.but my api is the most comfortable stand I`ve tryed with out going to sleep in,I can stay in it all day long.And I feel more secure in it than my summits and thats hard to beat.The shooting star has square arms rest and the grand slam and summits have angle arm rest.Square arms =more comfort.I can also adjust the seat up or down.It has 350lbs rating.I had to change the shrink wrap cains over to plastic tubing(3/4od by 5/8 id)high pressure rubber tubing works also,the shrink tubing does not last very long.Only down side to the API.THe chains grab the tree very well.Try to seat in them before u buy and u pick the most comfortable one.

P.S only a fool does`nt were a safty belt.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:31 PM

I would say tree lounge without a doubt....they are the most comfortable, safe treestands out there....you cant go wrong....check them out at www.treelounge.com
Old 07-07-2003, 06:43 PM

Check out the Summit Viper.......Some don' t like it for bow hunting but I do....The front bar gives you something to pull yourself up onto the platform and also gives you a place to rest your bow while hunting....(the front bar does not get in the way of my bow)You can' t go wrong with any of the Summit climbers.......
275 lbs is not a problem........
Old 07-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Spike

Lone Wolf climber is the best stand I have ever used.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:31 AM

I own a Summit Cobra XLS and love it, It is quiet, Lightweight, easy to set up and really grabs the tree well. You also might want to take a look at the new climbers made by summit that fold flat for ease of packing in and out. I think one is called the Bullet Backpacker and I forget the other name. But go with a summit, you won' t be dissapointed.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:36 AM

Summit, easy to attach to a tree, light, comfortable and easy to pack.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:48 AM

I love my old summit. Very comfortable and quick and easy to setup.

Quick Reply: Best Bowhunting Climber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.