HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Matthews Archery Fact or Fiction . . . lol (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/32794-matthews-archery-fact-fiction-lol.html)

Brandon Wisconsin 07-06-2003 11:54 PM

Matthews Archery Fact or Fiction . . . lol

What do " YOU" think Matthews Best Bow out today for HUNTING and Tournament shooting is? I believe for tourney wise it would be Conquest 3 and for Huting Wise, well i dunno Legacy and Black Max??? [:o]

MBuckH72 07-06-2003 11:57 PM

RE: Matthews Archery Fact or Fiction . . . lol

lol!, tough one;)

I might have to go with the legacy on tourny and Hunting...IMO

Droptines 07-07-2003 03:28 AM

BLACK MAX ??,
A good hunting bow ?.For the average guy ?,,I WISH,,That babys gotta be tuff to handle,especially on cold November morning.

nub 07-07-2003 06:08 AM

You ever shoot a Black Max?

TECbownut 07-07-2003 08:46 AM

i have shot the Legacy for both and shot my second highest score on a 3d with it, while it is shorter than what i like in a 3d rig you just have to watch that sight level real close to make sure of torque and canting the bow.

ArcticBowMan 07-07-2003 09:55 AM

I have yet to try any tourney shooting, so I' m not real sure how to compare and contrast for that. I' ve been so happy with my Q2XL that I feel no need for a change. I have been tempted to pick up a SQ2 however. It sure would of made my hunt a little easier last night! A shorter bow would really help when you have to sit on your butt to shoot, or for those long pack ins through thick stuff. I manage with my Q2XL, but I have shot the SQ2, and that made me want one even more. I still have yet to try the Legacy, but I' m sure that is a great shooter.

rcd567 07-07-2003 10:05 AM

I use the Legacy for both Hunting and 3D. :D

Brandon Wisconsin 07-07-2003 12:27 PM

Well I have never shot that Black Max, although that thing has to whip arrows, the speed is 330 feet per second!! [:o]
Conquest is pretty long axle to axle i think its like 36. So I still dont no for sure what would be the best bow " ALL ROUND" or just for hunting and tourney shooting.[:' (]

BowHunterChris 07-07-2003 01:58 PM

I shoot the Legacy and use it for both. I' m in love with my bow. I haven' t really shot any other Mathews, so I' m not sure what would be better. I would think that the Icon would probably make a good 3-D bow.

ricoace 07-07-2003 02:25 PM

My head is still spinning for the money I have spent on my bow and accessories...But I can honesty say that it will be a long long long time before I let go of my Ultra2...I have owned the Q2 and the Fx, good bows but dont touch the U2.