Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Velvet Let him walk? >

Velvet Let him walk?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Velvet Let him walk?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to see the different opinions out there. Thats what makes this country great. Running out of time to get him in Velvet. The skeeters killed me last weekend. I saw his track just no buck. Maybe he will make if he keeps to the night.

I just picked up another Cuddback IR and put it on a monster track. It's been marinating on the trail for a week now. Hopefully I have something to post. Amazon is the place for cameras. Brand new Cudd IR for $165 in the package. can't beat that.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Spike

That is a great pic! Those are very unique brow times for sure. You have a dilemma on your hands. The good thing is that if you let him walk, there is a good chance that he will breed some does, increasing the chances of bucks with very cool racks for years to come. Then again, he may have already produced some more like him last year. Hmmm.. choices, choices.. ;-). In any case, you have a nice trail cam pic of an awesome buck!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck with your short period of hunting! id love to shoot a buck in velvet, and really wish the season opened that early here so i could have a chance to do that.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I checked my new camera and I have a weird lookin ten on it. He has no velvet and it's looks like it's been gone awhile. You think maybe he had a injury and never lost them form last yr? Kinda early to have already rubbed off his velvet.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd smoke him like a big free bag of weed.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I'd smoke him like a big free bag of weed.
Now that's funny and unexpected! LMAO!

On a serious note, I'd pass in hopes he'd make it to the next year! Pretty nice/cool character he's got going for sure!