Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
questions about ratchet straps >

questions about ratchet straps

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

questions about ratchet straps

Old 08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

never had any problems finding black. Stick them on a tree and paint them to match the tree, ya got all summer to play around.

Your the first person I've ever seen even mention additions straps. Ya got your head on right. Your stands aren't going any where. It's a pure delight to sit in a stand that's been tightened up. Just the peace of mind knowing that the manufactures straps can go to crap and they do, won't bother you, got at least 2 more on as a back up. The tree will fall down first.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer won't notice, but most tresspassers will! Walmart, BP and alot of other sporting goods stores carry camo or black straps for tree stands.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Ya color doesn't matter.. one time all my other straps were being used so i only had the orange color... didnt bother the deer one bit.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Spike

i have shot plenty of deer with out using camo straps. get them in the trees early the deer will be used to them.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strap color doesn't matter. On the colored ones, they are usually considerably longer than the standard treestand straps, so make sure to tie off the long tag end you'll have so it isn't blowing in the breeze. They won't notice the color, but the strap hanging down and moving around will get you noticed every time. Only concern with colored straps is them sticking out to potential stand thiefs.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:36 AM
Spike

Default Straps

I use red straps on some of my trail cams. I had pics of deer licking the camera so as long as there aren't blowing in the wind you are fine.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

The color won't bother deer like mentioned. If you do wanna color them you might wanna try some RIT dye on them, don't use boiling hot water. But slight warm water to disolve the powdered dye and let them soak in whatever color you pick.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer dont notice them. On my climbing sticks i use blue ones and they dont seem to bother the deer at all.