Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow string wacks my wrist ? >

Bow string wacks my wrist ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow string wacks my wrist ?

Old 07-06-2003, 07:11 AM

Default Bow string wacks my wrist ?

I have an arm protector but my new High-Country carbon 36 " bow keeps wacking my arm (low down near the wrist), causing me to flinch a little. I didn' t have this problem with my old bow...What am I doing wrong ??? Any suggestions appreciated....
Old 07-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow string wacks my wrist ?

could be to long a draw length, incorrect shooting form, or it is possible that that bow just doesn' t fit your style of shooting. If the draw length is correct( have a proshop help make sure) then you will have to adapt your form in a way that allows you to shoot with the string hitting your arm. I never have problems with string slap, but recently shot a Mathews LX and had it hit me several times until I bent my elbow more than I normaly do. this correct the problem with that bow. I would bet it' s probably a combination of draw length and form, but it' s hard to tell without seeing you shoot.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:06 AM

I' ll bet that' s got to hurt to? had the same problem at one time, and I just changed
my fourm a little bit by just curling my wrist slightly, it worked, but if you get sloppy, and drift back into your old style, ouch, [X(] it will remind you hope
this help' s,
Old 07-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

I bend my arm at the eldbow a little bit to keep it from slapping me in the arm...... Try that and see what happens.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:58 AM

Also, make sure you don' t have too much hand on the grip area. The more you put your hand into the grip, the more your bow arm moves toward the string path. This had caused me the same problem once.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:04 PM

Shorten your draw and you will be fine. you' re just overextending yourself.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:46 PM

Thanks all for the tips.. I will give them a try....
Old 07-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

What' s the brace height on your bow? Short brace heights are known for this!!
Old 07-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

5 shot is on something with his answer... I mean ON TO SOMETHING... Do you use a release or fingers? a release will mean you need a shorter draw length bow than you would if you were shooting fingers.

I used to shoot with fingers and when I went to a release I started hitting my arm. Well, I bought a new bow with a shorter draw lenght and it stopped. If you use a release, get a shorter one, then work on your form, because it should change with a shorter release.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:45 PM

I used to have that problem too. I now fold my little finger before grasping the bow. this puts the outside of your pinky finger on the inside of the grip. It changes the positition of your arm and makes it less likely to get hit. Well it worked for me anyway.

Quick Reply: Bow string wacks my wrist ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.