Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

no peep

Old 08-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Spike

Lightbulb no peep

I have three question
1. My peep sight is driving me cazy, it keeps twisting
2. I'm thinking going no peep, the hindsight bow sight
3. Can I get use to it month before season Sept 4.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

i would say you could get used to it, as long as you make sure you have the exact same anchor every time you should shoot fine.

the peep is just one more thing to help make sure your anchor is the same everytime.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi
i would say you could get used to it, as long as you make sure you have the exact same anchor every time you should shoot fine.

the peep is just one more thing to help make sure your anchor is the same everytime.
x2. Or get different strings, or a peep sight that has the rubber tubing that straightens it out when you draw
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 AM
Typical Buck

If its twisting are you shooting fingers or release? If your shooting a release it is either installed wrong or something is binding. As far as not using one, as long as you mantain good shooting form you might not even realize you don't have one any more. But when your on stand taking a shot is when it will really show up. Make sure you keep body and bow inline or you will miss the critter. Learned that the hard way!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you seen a No Peep ? I have used one for several years and love it. Don't lose light and it will help with torque also..take a look. I believe there is a sight out now that was one built into it.

http://www.bowhunting.net/evaluation...ne-NoPeep.html

Old 08-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
Have you seen a No Peep ? I have used one for several years and love it. Don't lose light and it will help with torque also..take a look. I believe there is a sight out now that was one built into it.

http://www.bowhunting.net/evaluation...ne-NoPeep.html

Just out of curiosity, did you start with the No Peep or did you switch. If you switched, how long did it take you to make the transition to shooting accurately with it?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The other day I was reading a bow mag at the docs office while waiting for my father.It had all the new gear in it.There's several new no peep sights available all with somewhat different designs.Check them out and see which is for you.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can also get an inexpensive peep aligner that replaces the nock set. Then you simply adjust it for your peep.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Just out of curiosity, did you start with the No Peep or did you switch. If you switched, how long did it take you to make the transition to shooting accurately with it?
I hunted many years with a traditional peep. The biggest down fall was losing light and it does little to show torque. I fell in love with No Peep.

It didnt take me long at all to get used to it. Once you use it a while you almost forget its there and just glance at it. It will make you more consistent with your form. If you change anything it will show you. I will never use a traditional peep again.