Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
lock on and sticks >

lock on and sticks

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lock on and sticks

Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Spike

Default lock on and sticks

looking for a good set up that is lite, portable and easy on and off. i have a millinium with some rapid rails. its a great combo but im looking for something a litle less bulkey.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Lone Wolf Alpha hang on with 4 sticks.A great compact and fairly light weight system.

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/shoppi...ng-Sticks.aspx
Old 08-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gat the lone wolf sticks. That is what i use and they are lighter ,pack together well and are easy to set up. the millinium is a good comfortable stand to have with it . there are lighter ones but you will loose size or comfort. you will have to wiegh your options as to what is most important, The alpha is about the lightest you will find unless you go to the assault. i think they are 14lbs and 11 lbs

Last edited by Rhody Hunter; 08-09-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Spike

looked at a muddy pro and a set of muddy sticks. i like the sticks, the stand is ok. i think my millinium got me spoiled in the comfort deportment. might go with a millinium and muddy or lone wolfe sticks.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Spike

If you want lite and portable check out the Treesuit. www.treesuit.com. I have used one for several years. Extremely light weight, maybe 4 lbs, very comfortable, safe, 360 degrees of shooting.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Spike

man that thing look awsom. i might give it a try.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

I'll also vouch for Lone wolf sticks and stands. I have an Alpha Assault and love it. I use 4 sticks, whic heasily gets me to 15', which is where I want to be. They're very flexible with respect to where you can use them, and very light and quiet to carry and attach.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

The tree suit look restrictive to me. What happens when you have to shoot the other way?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How Come?

How come I never see the following, given as advice, especially to a newbie?

1. a need for minimum physical fitness

2. "Agility and a good sense of balance are also required"
Old 08-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

A couple of years ago I compared the weight/cost/length between the Lone Wolf and the Muddy sticks. The Lone Wolf Sticks won based on my calculations and I have really enjoyed the set that I have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.