Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
lock on and sticks >

lock on and sticks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lock on and sticks

Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

rivers edge lock ons. 2 different kind of sticks. one set that stacks. and one set that strap on all seperately. i like to be 18-20ft.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

I wish there were ladder sticks or sections that would take me up to 25 feet or so. Everything you buy goes to about 16-20' at the most. Except for the new summit ladder goes to 22'.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
The tree suit look restrictive to me. What happens when you have to shoot the other way?
Go to www.treesuit.com and watch the shooting video. There are two straps that go around the tree. The first is a safety rope that is adjustable. You use this from the ground up. You also need this when you get to your desired hunting height to attach the main strap. The main strap has the seat attached to it. Once you have the main strap on you can loosen he safety rope around your waste to give you freedom to move (do not remove the safety rope!). There are no restrictions. You can even turn around and have the seat part on your stomach to make a shot. Like the video says and I will vouch for, 360 degrees of shooting!
Its great to have the confidence to be able to lean out as far as you can (if you have to) to take a shot knowing I will not fall out of the tree. When is the last time you leaned way out in a tree stand to take a shot?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

cant go wrong with the sportsmans guide stand/stick combo, i love the mini ladder myself its so much easier to put up and isnt bulky at all
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

That Treesuit looks very interesting. It seems like it would be pretty stabilizing, having one or two feet on something (step(s)) and a firm but flexible point of support further up the body (the seat). I usually end up shooting fmr a seated position in my Lone Wolf Alpha Assault, because I don't feel stead without something touching my mid- or upper-body.

But I do have a question: I like keep to a minimum the movement required when it comes time to shoot, and to reduce the time required to take advantage of an unexpected shot opportunity. So I like to keep my bow in-hand most of the time I'm in the tree. I have a rubberized grommet bow holder in the platform of my Alpha, which I use when I'm eating, etc. I like it because it is easy to use, silent and it's closer to hand than reaching back to a bow holder screwed into a tree (although I do have and use one of those I use to hang my pack and water bottle on and to hold my bow while I'm getting settled into the tree stand). I usually just set my bow across my knees with my hand through my hand loop most of the time I'm in the stand.

My question is: Where do you keep your bow close to hand, where it's not in your face? In the video on the website, it's kind of small and hard to tell, but it looks like his bow is hung really high up (hard to reach to screw in the hanger) and hangs right in his face, which would make it hard to relax against the tree.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:02 AM
byg
Spike

Sitting for hours, I think I would like to have some support on my back,maybe I am missing something in the pic..
Old 09-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

That treesuit is a POS in my opinion. Len got one to try out in his shop once. We played with it for a couple days. Definitely not something you want to spend any long period of time in. You still have to screw in a bunch of steps and some around the tree to allow you to manuver. I think it's a gadget that most people buy and find out it's uncomfortable and a pain in the butt and legs to sit in for more than 30 minutes. LOL
Old 09-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Im in the same boat, I'm looking at getting something less restrictive. I think I'm going to go with the muddy products.