Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you shoot with one eye open? >

Do you shoot with one eye open?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: How do you shoot your vertical bow?
Both eyes open
50.72%
One eye closed
36.23%
Both ways, depending upon the light conditions
13.04%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Do you shoot with one eye open?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Spike

I find that i shot better with one eye because it focuses your attention to the sight
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

I do all of my shooting with both eyes open. Even scoped and un-scoped rifles. I find it helps with target acquisition and with a bow it helps me keep from "peeking" around the bow at the shot to watch the flight of the arrow. Also, you lose some depth perception without the binocular vision that comes with both eyes open. It took a bit of getting used to, but I shoot much better all the way around since I started shooting with both eyes open.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

i shoot both eyes open. started doing it this spring so this will be my first season doing it
Old 08-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

OK, I have joined the world of the both-eyes-open shooters. I have been shooting like that for the last 5 days and it is going well. My accuracy for 'aimed' shots is as good or better than before, and my fast aim shots are all hitting inside the bread basket using my 25 yard and under pin.

I am having a little harder time with my 35 yard pin for the fast aim shots, as the pin being close to the top and bottom pin is slightly hard to visually isolate when lining up the shot.

I still need to get out at last shooting light, using my illuminated pins, and see how it looks.

I am loving seeing the arrow fly towards the target in 3-D:-)
Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find that i shot better with one eye because it focuses your attention to the sight
then close one eye driving to work tommorrow ...... it'll focus your attention, right?
Old 08-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77
then close one eye driving to work tommorrow ...... it'll focus your attention, right?
Actually it probably would. I know I'd be paying a lot closer attention if I were driving and suddenly lost vision in one eye.

I think what he's trying to say is that it's easier for him to focus on the pin and put it on the target with one eye closed. Some folks just can't do the both eyes open thing.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by browning-bar
BUT,you need your attention focused on the target.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
That's true, of course, but that isn't going to do him much good if he sees more than one pin and isn't able to focus his attention on which one to use.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LittleChief
That's true, of course, but that isn't going to do him much good if he sees more than one pin and isn't able to focus his attention on which one to use.

I haven't been following the thread,just opened the last page.

BUT,with that said,when someone is seeing double like this,there is usually a reason.Like shooting with the non dominant eye or focusing on pin instead of just looking at the target.

I used to have this trouble when using my slider but was able to train myself to relax and focus on the target and let the pin become 1 with the target.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by TFOX
Yeah i guess but im one of those people who do both so haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.