Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How noisy are climbing tree stands? >

How noisy are climbing tree stands?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How noisy are climbing tree stands?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
They are quiet enough that I've had deer come by while I was going up the tree with them...Being familiar with the stand and having a good headlight so you can setup quietly is the secret...

The problem with that one you are looking at is it's 31 pounds, that's too heavy...That's also why it's so cheap, wait until you can afford a good stand instead of buying twice...

I've got 2 API Grand Slam Suprem Magnums and they only weight 21-22 pounds...I'm betting that stand is made of steel, not aluminum...

It takes me about 15 minutes to go up, with safety harness on and get setup, unless I have to cut a few limbs on the way up...I'm on the ground in less than 10...
my dad has an ameristep grizzly climber, about 37lbs, its a good $120 stand, i have heard a lot of people use them too because they are cheap, i am 15 also and not in the best shape and even i think its not too heavy, the only time i wouldnt ever use it is when im hunting an area with a lot of walking or hills
Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

no, i want to buy new becuase im planning to keep it for 10-15 years, so i want new.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by WisconsinBowHunter
no, i want to buy new becuase im planning to keep it for 10-15 years, so i want new.
Do they wear out?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WisconsinBowHunter
just saying, my dads grizzly is $120 new
Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

It might wear out, but i consider 5 years good.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Spike

I have an older Loggy Bayou (however you spell it) stand and climber that I use for gun hunting and I do generate a considerable amount of noise regardless of how careful I am. In any case, they seem to forget the disruption shortly afterwads, return and resume whatever they were doing right near the stand just as they were before I set up. I just posted something similar about this in the White tail section. Making less noise certainly will not hurt, but a little noise with a little time behind it seems to be okay for me. Wind and scent then become the big issue I think.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

i dont feel like noise is determing if a buy one anymore, just which one.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How noisy are climbing tree stands??????

For a newbie, as loud as can be made by one inexperienced and who never climbed a tree before. The swan dive from twenty feet can be real loud - all the way to the ground.

Any newbie, contemplating using a tree stand for hunting, I would recommend the following.

Read all the accompanying company information of safe use of the tree stand - and memorize it. Too much can be forgotten on the hunt, the first few times.
Use the tree stand for practice and not for hunting, the first couple of times. It's a little better for newbies to practice going up a tree, four or five feet and then coming down. Then repeat the process. Then, after a awhile practice at 20 feet.

It is a lot harder when you screw up the process at 20 or 25 feet, if you never have done it before.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

not very noisy at all. i use several different summit climbers. climbing is quick and eficient once you do it a few times. like clock work.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

if you take your time while climbing it should be quiet..i find that if i attach the bottom platform tightly to my feet it works better than say the stirrups at least for me ...i like using the staps around my feet to the stand i feel like it gives me better control of the platform and feels more secure to my feet..

watch scraping the tree or dragging the stand up the side of the tree.lots of noise. i have ol man climber,summit climber,and two old hunters view hawk climbers...the hawks for $99 were my best buy of the three, they are heavy like over30 something pounds..all three do a great job..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.