Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Archery Traditions Recurve? >

Archery Traditions Recurve?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery Traditions Recurve?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Spike

Default Archery Traditions Recurve?

I'm looking to get back into bowhunting after a several year hiatus. I'm looking at an Archery Traditions Recurve 59# @ 28" for $150 used on Craigslist. I'm not too familiar with the brand. I can't seem to find an original msrp online. Opinions?
Old 08-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarePaw
I'm looking to get back into bowhunting after a several year hiatus. I'm looking at an Archery Traditions Recurve 59# @ 28" for $150 used on Craigslist. I'm not too familiar with the brand. I can't seem to find an original msrp online. Opinions?
Archery Traditions was owned by Dan Quillian out of Athens,GA. He passed away about 3 yrs ago or so. He made some real nice shooting bows. I can't really remember the names of his bows but the Canebrake comes to mind. If the bow is good shape,$150 would be a pretty good deal for one of his bows
Old 08-05-2010, 04:13 AM
bigcountry

59lbs is a lot of wieght to start with. I would start with 50lbs or less. I went from 40lbs to 50lbs to 58lbs, to 66lbs and dropped back down 53lbs.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I need to be above 50# for the min draw weight for hunting here. I used to do some fishiing with a 50# bow, so I have an idea of what it will be like. It's local, so I will be able to try it before I buy.