Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Glasses?

Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Glasses?

My eyes are getting pretty bad and I have to wear glasses daily. I have an astigmatism and macular degeneration in my dominant eye. I have been able to shoot my bow without them the past few seasons, but I think I am at a point where it is affecting me so bad that I need corrective help to consistently shoot. My problem is low light, everything is very fuzzy. I have tried shooting with my glasses on, but no matter what I do, it always seems like I am looking through the frame into my peep sight and blocking my target some. I need something bigger and would like some type of lenses that would make low light situations look brighter. Do any of you that wear glasses have any suggestions for what would help me out? Specific examples that I could take with me to the eye glass shop would be great.

Contacts are not an option, I just can't wear them.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been wearing them for YEARS....I first notice I couldn't focus on the target when I was about 25, I also have astigmatism, and when I went and got my eyes checked I was like 20/50 and 20/60, got glasses and "BAM!!!" I can see to shoot again. Frustrating, but I suppose its part of life we have to deal with.

The LOW LIGHT problem is because the glasses, just like a scope, cut down on a small percentage of the light that shines through them, preventing you from seeing quite as well in low-light. Not really a whole lot you can do unfortunately.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

I am having low light issues without the glasses. I thought maybe there was some kind of 'yellow' or polarized lenses I could get put into bigger frames so I could shoot with glasses on and brighten things up in the dark woods for me.