Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
smoothest pulling bow >

smoothest pulling bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

smoothest pulling bow

Old 08-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default smoothest pulling bow

my uncle is coming back from shoulder surgery, speed is not a factor. What would be the smoothest drawing bow? I have heard that hoyts have a really smooth draw, not sure if true?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
bigcountry

A straight 66" longbow. Not joking either.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Thats true however if he wants a compound go with an Oneida bow. Not a smoother compound on the market.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

I tried the Z7, Destroyer and the Maxxis, and for me I found the Maxis to be the smoothest on the draw back. So I bought one.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Stay away from the destroyers, IMO those things have a vicious draw cycle. All that speed has to come from somewhere tho. I shoot a hoyt, so I am used to a smoother drawing bow. I havent pulled as many of the new bows as some guys on here, so I cant speak about any others, but that destroyer was the opposite of smooth.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by shoot2thrill25
Stay away from the destroyers, IMO those things have a vicious draw cycle. All that speed has to come from somewhere tho. I shoot a hoyt, so I am used to a smoother drawing bow. I havent pulled as many of the new bows as some guys on here, so I cant speak about any others, but that destroyer was the opposite of smooth.
I shoot the Destroyer 340 and it is far from having a "vicious cycle", like you had said you haven't shot many of the new bows and probably not the destroyer then either.. Yes it does have awesome speed, but it also is rather smooth and easy to draw.. not what you would expect from what some may consider a "speed bow"... I've shot almost every bow on the market and especially the newest bows.. not a fan at all of the Hoyts or PSE. The mathews Z7 is also a very smooth and easy draw.. Also, try to look into some of the diamonds like the Iceman or black Ice... My dad has bad shoulders and back he loves his diamond black ice, 60#.. I would recommend him trying something that is in the 50-60# range, so it doesn't wear to much on an already weakened limb..
Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

my maxxis 31 is the smoothest drawing bow I've ever shot, maybe take a look at that one, at 62# i'm getting 298 fps.

Ryan.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

hoyt not a doubt about it best bows on the market.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Typical Buck

Take a look at the Diamond BlackIce.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Diamond Black Ice or a Hoyt Alphamax35 are the two nicest drawing bows I've shot...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.