Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
smoothest pulling bow >

smoothest pulling bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

smoothest pulling bow

Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

hoyt katera 70# draw 336 fps ...... smooth as all get out
Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

I think he is going to stay in the 50 lbs range. the days of pulling 70lbs. are probable done.
Thanks for the responses so far
chris
Old 08-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are serious about smooth drawing, especially with shoulder trouble, I think (GASP) that a Mathews bow is very hard to beat in the smoothness category. Singla cam bows are inherently easier to draw just by design, plus the Mathews sincle cam is rounder than most. Take the Monster or Z7 out of the equation since they kind og go against that statement. A Switchback-type bow will be an excellent choice. I've never been a Mathews, only Bowtech for me, but my left shoulder is about done, so i'm also in the same boat. Any of the new agressive cam speed bows are going to be tough to draw, the speed is coming from somewhere. They may be "smooth" but they all have a hump in the cycle to roll the cam over.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by diamondrack
I shoot the Destroyer 340 and it is far from having a "vicious cycle", like you had said you haven't shot many of the new bows and probably not the destroyer then either.. Yes it does have awesome speed, but it also is rather smooth and easy to draw.. not what you would expect from what some may consider a "speed bow"... I've shot almost every bow on the market and especially the newest bows.. not a fan at all of the Hoyts or PSE. The mathews Z7 is also a very smooth and easy draw.. Also, try to look into some of the diamonds like the Iceman or black Ice... My dad has bad shoulders and back he loves his diamond black ice, 60#.. I would recommend him trying something that is in the 50-60# range, so it doesn't wear to much on an already weakened limb..
I have shot the destroyer and mentioned that it was one of the few I had, and that to me it had a rough draw cycle. When I say that it has a tough draw cycle, I am talking about the very hard dump off when the cams roll over. I can't and won't ever tell my feelings or thoughts on things that I haven't used. When I say many of the new bows, I am talking about about the whole spectrum. z7's, maxxis's, matrix's, destroyers, I have. An IMO the bowtech was rough. Sorry If I offended you or your bow
Old 08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Spike

Cty 100 if your uncle just had surgery he might also want to look into a release aid called The Rip Shot it fastens to your elbow and hooks to your release and you pull with your back muscles .

Check out there web site www.Ripshot.com you can hold your draw longer and even have a free hand for calling at full draw . I too have shoulder problems and i just won one on ebay and can't wait to get it i love the idea of not using my wrist and forarm . I have seen them in Keystone Country Store .com just trying to help ;-)
Old 08-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

A Mathews Drenalin XL, smoothest I have found. I think it's even better than the new Z7.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

any mathews after the outback (dxt drenalin monster switchback z7 ect) but then again my fred bear truth 1 is amazingly smooth at 55# with 80% let off but then again its not as fast as the bows i named, all of which i have shot so im not just blowing steam or anything
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Mathews Drenalin. Very smooth draw. Shot bows from Bowtech, Hoyt, PSE and Bear when I was shopping for a new bow in '07 or early '08. None were as smooth as the Drenalin. My brother has a Z7. I shot it and it is not as smooth of draw as my bow. I have not shot any of the newer Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE, or others (2009's or 2010's) so I can't comment on those. IMO, of course.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by luke/r
Take a look at the Diamond BlackIce.
I Agree with this the Black Ice has a very Nice, Smooth draw cycle. One of the best you will find and on a very Nice shooting, very Quiet bow as well.

Anyone who thinks the Destroyers have a vicious draw cycle needs to shot one at the correct draw length. It is a very smooth bow in my opinion and when you consider it is a Speed bow it is Extremely smooth.

Dan
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews DXT.. havent pulled a bow back that feels smoother from beginning all the way to rollover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.