Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cross bows in NY? >

Cross bows in NY?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cross bows in NY?

Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vermont bowhunter
how can a cross bow question not belong here,,the point here being BOW,
one word WOW
Because there is a specific cross bow (x-gun) section for discussion of x-guns.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seems to me that the bowhunting section encompasses everything bow hunting with all types of bows.

In other words compounds, traditional, and crossbows in the bowhunting section.

No compounds or crossbows in the traditional section.
No compounds or traditional in the crossbow section.
No hunting talk in the target section.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Seems to me that the bowhunting section encompasses everything bow hunting with all types of bows.

In other words compounds, traditional, and crossbows in the bowhunting section.

No compounds or crossbows in the traditional section.
No compounds or traditional in the crossbow section.
No hunting talk in the target section.
Then there should be a section for compound bows, just as there is a trad section and a x-gun section.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is there anything about a compound bow that you can't discuss here?
There is a trad section simply so that the few that shoot it can find it easier.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
There is no xgun section - there is a crossBOW one as there is a trad and a tech one for primarily compounds. A question about archery equipment being added to a bow season seems like a legit one. Only other place for it might have been the NE forum.
good answer!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Is there anything about a compound bow that you can't discuss here?
There is a trad section simply so that the few that shoot it can find it easier.
Why would you even question the need for a compound bow section when their is an xbow section already?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

There is no xgun section - there is a crossBOW one as there is a trad and a tech one for primarily compounds. A question about archery equipment being added to a bow season seems like a legit one. Only other place for it might have been the NE forum.
Originally Posted by gmil6184
I think anything that gets people involved in archery is a good thing. I am predicting that a lot of people who don't normally bowhunt will buy one and eventually end up getting a "regular" bow. I think the people who are screaming about crossbows being the end of archery as we know it are overreacting
another good remark. while i started hunting with shotgun, i soon switched to crossbow. now i'm wanting to switch to compound, but it'll be a while before i can afford one. that doesn't mean i won't hunt with a shotgun or crossbow anymore. i like having a choice as to what i want to use. i won't support a weapon of choice season ( for safety concerns and fairness of equal shooting distances) for that matter either. .............. .....
Old 08-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sniggle
Why would you even question the need for a compound bow section when their is an xbow section already?
Because anything anyone could ever want to know about a compound is readily available. Maybe we "need" a section for every nuance of archery - 30 to 33" bows, release and one for fingers, etc, etc, etc.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Sniggle
Main reason arrowgun shooters want to freely post in here, is they want accepted as archery users and not separate equipment. Same reason they were not happy with not being able to participate in the bowhunting contest. Sure they have thier own contests, but not happy with this. So, they whined and cried until they were able too, now the contest blows.

It has nothing to do with wanting to contribute with this forum, only seeking acceptance.

Look at this thread. Says it all. Only something to prove.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/cros...l-sign-up.html

Last edited by bigcountry; 08-03-2010 at 06:50 AM.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Original post:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.