Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nice Buck

Old 07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Nice Buck

This is a BIG buck for my area and i was thrilled when i got my camera this mourning. Hopefully i can stick him!
Attached Thumbnails Nice Buck-big-buck-052.jpg   Nice Buck-big-buck-053.jpg  
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Not bad at all..

Good luck on harvesting him.. He'd make a nice trophy.. I know I'd be happy as could be if I got him here in North Central West Virginia.. What area are you hunting in?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

i am in north west ohio. it is very flat here and people just shoot anything that is brown. we have the genetics to grow big deer, they just never get a chance.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Same problem we have here.. "If it's brown, it's down.." That's what kills all chances of getting trophy whitetails in an area.. Not to mention that in WV, you can take up to 3 Antlered Deer in a year.. I wish our state would follow some of the guidelines that PA or OH does, because as you said, we have the area for nice deer, they just never get the chance to make it to maturity..
Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

wow your area is just like mine. isnt it unbelievable what ppl will shoot..its crazy
Old 07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

good luck in your venture after him, would be some nice bone on the wall eh?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

hes a nice main frame 8 with a sticker it looks like, but he looks realy young,,,just think what he would look like in 4 or 5 years when hes mature.i know central west part of wva is covered up with deer,,so you have to kill quite a few to keep the herd in check...i dont know about kentucky but wva has the deer no.s to kill 3 a year and still be covered up with em at least neer my mother in laws area..they have so many she cany even have flowers...they come right up to the porch and eat her mater plants
Old 07-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

great buck man! good luck at him man!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vermont bowhunter
hes a nice main frame 8 with a sticker it looks like, but he looks realy young,,,just think what he would look like in 4 or 5 years when hes mature.i know central west part of wva is covered up with deer,,so you have to kill quite a few to keep the herd in check...i dont know about kentucky but wva has the deer no.s to kill 3 a year and still be covered up with em at least neer my mother in laws area..they have so many she cany even have flowers...they come right up to the porch and eat her mater plants
yeah he looks pretty young. but around here. there is no way he will make it through gun season.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

what do u guys think he would score?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.