HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   the french have had a good idea (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/326798-french-have-had-good-idea.html)

m9a9g9i9c 07-30-2010 11:39 AM

the french have had a good idea

Hi, I don't know how you feel about this, but I actually think they had a good idea, the french.
Since last year, every bowhunter in France, resident or non resident hunter has got to put his huntinglicence registration number on every arrow he's carrying.
I think this will stop those dumb@sses who try headshots or texas heartshots.....

Just wanted to hear your thoughts, I'm glueing vanes and just passing time.....

Frank Belgium

-DeerSlayer- 07-30-2010 12:16 PM

what exactly would the number on the arrow prevent from happening is the question? People wound animals all the time, sometimes its thier fault, sometimes not. Either way its not illegal. Only thing I could figure is trespassing in which case one would just take arrows without the number on the arrow. Idk, seems like too many ways around the law to me, but thats just my opinion.

BarnesX.308 07-30-2010 01:05 PM

Sounds like Big Brother to me.

3Children 07-30-2010 02:56 PM

I have hunted Texas and was told to put name, address, and phone # on all my arrows. BTW Texas is in America, and still doesn't stop poachers!!

skeeter170 07-30-2010 03:18 PM

I wouldn't think it would be a problem in France. I would think the problem would be the French Hunters surrendering to a deer as soon as it was in bow range.

bigcountry 07-30-2010 03:27 PM

Bad shots will happen even to the most veteran hunter. Not sure what this would accomplish. One, rarely do I not get my arrow back even if I do loose the deer. Two, it opens the door for scrutiny from those wishing to hurt hunting.

For instance, lets you did have a bad shot and hit a deer in the head, hit a twig for instance. Let say an anti-hunting group pushed and pushed to have the book thrown at you. A new hunter might be hesitate to go in the woods after that.

vermont bowhunter 07-30-2010 03:32 PM

the state of nh also requires name and adress of hunter on vanes,,,thats why i dont live in nh or texas or france,,,i have enough to worry about than petty junk,,,what happens when you move somewhere else ,,,yea buy anouther doz arrows,,,not me

Kreagerm 07-30-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter170 (Post 3655826)
I wouldn't think it would be a problem in France. I would think the problem would be the French Hunters surrendering to a deer as soon as it was in bow range.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::biggrin:

Lol!!!!!

shoot2thrill25 07-30-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter170 (Post 3655826)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! AND I THANK YOU!!!!!!:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

MO Archer 07-30-2010 05:39 PM

fvck the government...seriously.