Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
the french have had a good idea >

the french have had a good idea

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the french have had a good idea

Old 07-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default the french have had a good idea

Hi, I don't know how you feel about this, but I actually think they had a good idea, the french.
Since last year, every bowhunter in France, resident or non resident hunter has got to put his huntinglicence registration number on every arrow he's carrying.
I think this will stop those dumb@sses who try headshots or texas heartshots.....

Just wanted to hear your thoughts, I'm glueing vanes and just passing time.....

Frank Belgium
Old 07-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

what exactly would the number on the arrow prevent from happening is the question? People wound animals all the time, sometimes its thier fault, sometimes not. Either way its not illegal. Only thing I could figure is trespassing in which case one would just take arrows without the number on the arrow. Idk, seems like too many ways around the law to me, but thats just my opinion.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like Big Brother to me.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted Texas and was told to put name, address, and phone # on all my arrows. BTW Texas is in America, and still doesn't stop poachers!!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Spike

I wouldn't think it would be a problem in France. I would think the problem would be the French Hunters surrendering to a deer as soon as it was in bow range.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM
bigcountry

Bad shots will happen even to the most veteran hunter. Not sure what this would accomplish. One, rarely do I not get my arrow back even if I do loose the deer. Two, it opens the door for scrutiny from those wishing to hurt hunting.

For instance, lets you did have a bad shot and hit a deer in the head, hit a twig for instance. Let say an anti-hunting group pushed and pushed to have the book thrown at you. A new hunter might be hesitate to go in the woods after that.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

the state of nh also requires name and adress of hunter on vanes,,,thats why i dont live in nh or texas or france,,,i have enough to worry about than petty junk,,,what happens when you move somewhere else ,,,yea buy anouther doz arrows,,,not me
Old 07-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skeeter170
I wouldn't think it would be a problem in France. I would think the problem would be the French Hunters surrendering to a deer as soon as it was in bow range.

Lol!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skeeter170

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! AND I THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

fvck the government...seriously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.