Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cold gear for bowhunting question. >

Cold gear for bowhunting question.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cold gear for bowhunting question.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cold gear for bowhunting question.

My cold gear is bulky for bowhunting so I stopped by BassPro today to take a look around at some new stuff.

I like the Under Armour cold gear. Anyone use their stuff? How do you like it? Does it keep you warm?

I also looked at the RedHead fleece stuff that is in the brown army camo or whatever that camo is. It felt good and I sure like the price point. Same questions....Anyone use that? How do you like it? Does it keep you warm?

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

the under armour is used as a layerign product. but does keep you very warm.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, good as a base layer.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing beats UA Coldgear as far as I'm concerned. It's pricey but worth it.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

UA is great stuff. I have ColdGear shirts, leggings, masks, hats, and even the underwear which is nice. (luckily I've gotten most of it for Chirstmas presents)

My wife was going to buy me some leggings and ended up finding a leggings/shirt combo on eBay for around 60 bucks. That's not much more than just the shirt. So look online for what you can find before dishing out the $$$ to Bass Pro. You may find a deal. It's worth the full price though...

rw
Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Cold Gear but I honestly believe it is very hard to beat the GI brown polypropolene (sp?) with some fleece layering.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

UA is great. They have the actual outer layers for hunting now, and they look pretty sweet. My regular jacket is UA, its the same as the hunting one but not camo, and it is insanely warm and not bulky at all. I am planning on getting some of there hunting clothing soon. For the jacket I am looking at its 139, which is still way cheaper than most of the scent clothing jackets.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The UA Cold Gear is worth every penny. I got it in time to use during ML season last year. It was in the teens that week if you remember and I don't think I would have been out there long without it.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Appreciate it boys. Haven't heard anything bad with UA. That's what I'll be going with.

Thanks again.

DD
Old 07-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a heated jacket last year, it's the cats me-ow. I can go with fewer layers, and less bulk, and stay toasty warm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.