HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   best ground blind for bow and rifle hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/326582-best-ground-blind-bow-rifle-hunting.html)

bigtim6656 07-26-2010 09:01 PM

best ground blind for bow and rifle hunting

I am going with a pop up this year. Had another ladder stolen last year and I am looking at major surgery in mid sept and not sure I will be able or it would be a good idea to be climbing a stand in oct.

So what pop up would you recommend for mainly bow hunting and some muzzleloader hunting?

Budget is 500 bucks max I could see spending it on a good double bull blind but am ok with a cheaper one. Though I would like one with good camo and maybe the 3d leaf cuts some have on them.

buck-i 07-26-2010 09:42 PM

good luck with the surgery i just went through fusion surgery in end of june still pretty tight moving but it is getting better,able to walk good...hurts to carry much weight still to early for that..

i too am going to be looking for a blind,an older used double bull ground blind.going to look on e bay i guess..

i think i will be able to climb good by Nov,thats when i get back to the states mised two seasons not going to miss a third..

good luck on hunting after your surgery and hunting dont risk hurting back again let it heal good..

nodog 07-26-2010 10:06 PM

Go out now and build a natural one. It's a little late for this year but rotting bale of grass/straw are a good way to go. Other than that I'd go for room, como and sound. Got a have the room to swivel around silently. I think what you'l be sitting on is as important as the blind.

It's one thing to gun hunt out of one and another to bow hunt, got to be deadly quiet to bow hunt. Some are just to small and noisy.

MeanV2 07-27-2010 03:34 AM

I have owned and hunted out of several blinds, and IMO the best one is the Double Bull Dark Horse.

Dan

bigtim6656 07-27-2010 06:03 AM

I have been looking at the double bulls but seems there not as nice as the older ones. I like the primos crusher

bigtim6656 07-27-2010 06:05 AM

The only issue with building natural blinds is because I am on a FWA and have about 5 spots I have spotted large bucks running around so the moving factor would be nice.

OhioBowhunter 07-27-2010 06:57 AM

dark horse and matrix 360. i just saw the dark horse on sale for like 275 id jump all over it if i were you

oh and if your gun hunting remember ALWAYS stick the barrel outside of the blind a few inches. if you dont you may end up putting the barrel near the rod and not seeing it in your scope and shooting the rod... i did that 2 years ago and missed a 150" 8 at 25 yards.... also if your barrel is silver it may spook the deer. i recomend using some cloth camo tape and putting it around the end of the barrel

gutshot 07-27-2010 10:21 AM

I bought a Primos Eclipse last year and really enjoyed hunting out of it. It's 77 inches square and 67 inches tall so there's alot of room. The only problem that I have is that the windows are so far off of the ground that you have to be careful and not shoot through the wall of the blind when sitting and shooting. But for $129.99 you can't beat them. The camo looks a lot better than the picture in Cabela's shows.