Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunting suit

Old 07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default bowhunting suit

Looking to get a new bowhunting suit for deer season. Anybody have any ideas they would be appreciated.Thanks

Good Hunting
Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Old 07-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MO Archer
You beat me to the punch! This is definitely the one you need though. Luxurious, yet classic.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love the styling on that one. Couple more slashes, and its Vertigo camo!

For real now: For a "suit" I would say none actually. I think you are much farther ahead by buying separate articles and being able to mix and match based on a multitude of factors (wind, rain, cold, hot...) and not be locked in to having a "suit" that you feel like you need to wear because you spent a bunch of money on it. I've done the suit thing, and won't go back. My dream season suit just collects dust for the most part now. You can spend much less money and get better, more versatile separates. Just my opinion of course, but this works for me.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Ghillie suit is a must have
Old 07-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as I'm concerned, these guys make the best stuff out there.
http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php
Old 07-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use a leafy one piece suit from Whitewater.

Down here in Florida it can be incredibly hot or dang cold during bow season and the very light weight mesh design of this suit allows me to dress in my underwear if I wish or bundled up to stay warm if a cold front comes through.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't use any of that.. Camo pants and shirt, most of the time they don't match. Sometimes I wear jean. If I'm going to hunt out of a pop up I wear black. I've taken deer with blue jeans, red shirt and a black cowboy hat at 20 yards..

I put those things up when I got home from Nam, they are too bulky and hard to get around in for me.. That's just my opinion. I just don't like to see people waste money.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigbulls had a good point also. A quality, thin, outerlayer can be very handy if you are on a budget. Get one that is waterproof if available! I'm pretty much done buying non-waterproof clothing.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

After several years of buying new combos I finally went out and bought one of those 3-D bug suits. Best investment I've made. Picked up Under-Armour in heat and cold gear and now I'm ready for any weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.