HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hunting time (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/326110-hunting-time.html)

petey the hunter 07-18-2010 01:15 PM

hunting time

when is the best time to hunt

pa_yote_hunter 07-18-2010 01:37 PM

not to sound like a jerk but usually whenever you can get out into the woods....you never know when one is gonna come walking by. Typically morning and evenings are the times that most people hunt....it all depends on your area

BigDaddy12t 07-18-2010 04:11 PM

I would agree, any time you can get into your stand is a good time to hunt, but early mornings, and late afternoons are best.

passthru79 07-18-2010 04:34 PM

It all depends on what you are hunting. If your hunting mature bucks you dont want to just go out and hunt no matter what. It can do more harm than good hunting a stand with the wrong wind conditions or if you get off work a little early and head out to the stand right as the deer are coming out. You want to put as much time hunting as you can but it has to be quality time. Sometimes that means either hunting a different stand if you can or just not going out.

blakefrautschi 07-18-2010 04:34 PM

personally i have the best luck mid morning, and hour or so after sun up.... but like the others said a deer could come by at any time of the day.

PY Antlers 07-18-2010 04:47 PM

If I had to choose a time of day and year it would be morning during the last week of Oct. and the first week of Nov. in the midwest area. I have seen more shooter bucks in the A.M. than in the afternoon. But these are only choice's if I had to choose. If at all posiable I hunt every chance I get because I know for a fact I can't tag out sitting on the couch!

MOhunter46 07-18-2010 05:36 PM

During early and late season i would say afternoon is best. During the rut,pre rut id say morning is best. Bet really, during the rut, all bets are off, bucks can and will show up at any time.

Ben / PA 07-18-2010 05:56 PM

Given the choice, I'll take evening hunts every time. Morning's are tough to get in undetected and most good bucks are already back to bed by sunrise and if they aren't the are somewhere that is pretty safe for them.

The rut, late Oct and Nov, yeah get out anytime. If you have 20 minutes, get out there.

Unless you have a solid entrance and a super wind, mornings can do more harm than good.

bhunter50 07-19-2010 05:39 PM

as others have said any time spent in the woods is quality time, but if i had to choose my favorite it would without a doubt be first and second weeks of november

bigcountry 07-19-2010 08:06 PM

I kinda like it when its real hot like 90F, sticky, and the ticks and chiggers are eating you up and deer ain't movin either.