Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you all fletch your own arrows? >

Do you all fletch your own arrows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you all fletch your own arrows?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Spike

Smile AZ.Easy Fletch

Anyone ever use the Easy fletch i see now they have one for 2" vanes it looks pretty simple just wondering what you guys think. i havebeen thinking of doing my own arrows and wraps it looks like fun and something that you can take pride in . Thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by W.IL.BowHunter
Anyone ever use the Easy fletch i see now they have one for 2" vanes it looks pretty simple just wondering what you guys think. i havebeen thinking of doing my own arrows and wraps it looks like fun and something that you can take pride in . Thanks
I first bought the Bohning fletching jig, then I found an AZ E-Z Fletch at Gander on clearance a few months back, so I picked it up. GREAT!

I prefer it over the Bohning. I fletched a couple dozen arrows and they've all came out perfect, and it's so fast to do. I can load and lock all three arms in 30 seconds, hang it for a minute, and then start the next arrow.

I'm still shooting the same arrows that I fletched within a few days of getting the jig, and the blazers have all held tight.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

They sell that same jig on bowhunterssuperstore.com fror $15 and $5 for shipping just in case anyone else is looking. your thread got me looking at them and thought, for the price I might as well give it a whirl. Ive always used an arizona easy fletcher, but thought I should expand my horizen. lol
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I need to fletch a couple right nowLOL just came back from shooting.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

just fletched mine last night. well i used nap quikfletch. love em but as all people who have fletched their arrows they all know stripping and scraping is the worst after that its easy lol
Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have been doing it now for about 10 years. I do mine a quite a few friends. I always use wraps that way I don't spend much time scraping off glue. I just peel the wrap off and put on a new one and fletch. I enjoy it and my arrows are done the way i like them done, i have 3 bitz jigs 2 right and 1 left.