Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Blind question.... >

Blind question....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blind question....

Old 07-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blind question....

i was just curious how close too close was?? i have a salt lick in the middle of some pines where there is about a 10 yard clearing and most of it is downhill after the clearing. there is one spot on the edge that is perfect for a blind and it is level but it is about 7> yards away from the lick. should i go back to 20 yards where is it on a slight incline or do the 7> yard spot where it is level??
Old 07-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had blinds at point blank range from major trails and food plots with out getting busted. Just keep in mind the closer you are to the deer or where the deer are going to be the better chance they have of detecting you. So if you planing on shooting the first deer the steps out its not a big deal but if your waiting for a big buck that lets all the does and little ones come in first you might get busted before you get an oppertunity.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I guess if you meat hunting 7 yards is ok as long as it's on the down wind side. But for a mature wall hanger I would move it back at least to 15 if not 20 yards. If there is an incline keep that in mind when taking the shot.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I would move it back at least to 15 if not 20 yards.
Agreed.. Are you trying to pet them or kill them???

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 07-12-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

times three. but ive had deer literally rub up against my blind squeezing through a fence row