Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech destroyer 350 or Matthews Z7 >

Bowtech destroyer 350 or Matthews Z7

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech destroyer 350 or Matthews Z7

Old 07-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Spike

Default Bowtech destroyer 350 or Matthews Z7

What would be better to have the Matthews Z7 or the Bowtech Destroyer 350. They are both very nice bows but I cant decide which bow to buy. what Bow is the better buy? The destroyer has a fast Ibo rating and high kinetic energy but It has a harsh draw with the dual cam system. The matthews Z7 has an extremely smooth draw and is very quiet plus has a minimal amount of hand shock. what is your opinion?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I shot both bows plus many, many more and the best bow that has everything is the Destroyer... however, I went with the 340 instead of the 350 because I liked the way it felt in my hands and while shooting. I also liked the mathews Z7 and shot it probably 100 times but in the end it couldn't compare to everything the destroyer offers. my good friend bought the Z7 around the same time I purchased my destroyer, 4 months ago, and he has shot my bow multiple times stating that he wishes he would have considered the destroyer over the Z7. After shooting 100's of bows in my life, the destroyer is the best I've ever shot hands down!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it all come down to your own opinion. I have never shot the Destroyer but I have heard it is a very nice bow. But in the end its what feels comfortable in your hands.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

I would try the Hoyt Maxxis 31 also....I chose it over the other 2 after trying all three.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

All 3 are awesome! Just pick what feel the most comfortable to u
Old 07-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care for the Mathews fat grip or the aftermarket grips you can get for Mathews either, so for me they are out. I like the Bowtech, Diamond, Elite, Ross, Hoyt grips. I like everything else about Mathews bows but their grip has always been a show stopper for me.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have also shot both bows. I fell in love with the z7. hands down the smoothest, most quiet bow i have ever shot. Like everyone else is saying though, its all what you are most comfortbable with.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Both are great bows but its all acording to what feels good in your hands.I bought a new bow last year,I went to a pro shop with $800.I tried almost every bow in there the best feeling was a pse firestorm lite, so I bought and had it set up with $500 left.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech is known for speed, and with speed comes a harsh draw, which in turn can be even harsher when your sitting all day in the cold weather. Speed doesn't kill, arrow placement kills, with a smooth draw and foregiving bow the answer to your question will be the Z7
Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Spike

Thanks for the replies everybody I made my choice the Z7.. and im damn glad I made the choice, since my cousin said If I dont end up liking it he will by the Destroyer and trade me straight up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.