HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Finally bought my 1st bow.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/325666-finally-bought-my-1st-bow.html)

Chuck7 07-09-2010 03:23 PM

Finally bought my 1st bow..

Lakeland ,Florida is having a Big Buck Expo right now..One of my main reasons for going was to buy a new bow.My other one was a hand me down old Darton 44 inch axle to axle..yep..a real antique at maybe 180 FPS LOL

I bought an Apha Max Hoyt...It came set up with a 119.00 drop away rest. I had them put my old sight on ..a 100.00 Black Magic Skylight..it's a new 2009 model 32 iinch axle to axle..

With peep sight ,string loop and set up and tax..

I like it alot.

Kreagerm 07-10-2010 05:31 AM

Congrats Chuck, Great Upgrade. I remember you talking about your old Darton a few years back, we were on the same team together. Best of luck to you this year.

Matt

The Rev 07-10-2010 07:25 AM

It's about time Brother Chuck, I'm happy for you. I know you sure got all you could out of that Darton. I think I've bought six or seven bows since I talked with you on the phone.
But I do go a overboard with archery.

Chuck7 07-10-2010 10:10 AM

Thanks fellows,

I got her shot in today..took me a while..Got a question ..becasue I'm wondering if the man put the string loop in the right place..

Question..

On a regular type rest you can use a bow square and get that rest right on...and arrow straight..well with a drop away rest how can you know if your arrow is square ?

BowKnutt 07-10-2010 11:01 AM

congrats on new Bow Chuck--not sure what rest you got,but you should be able to nock arrow and push rest fingers up manually to check nock height-or at least that is how I set mine.
David

Chuck7 07-10-2010 12:42 PM

yes sir I did that..my string loop was put on 1/2 inch too high.I put the bow in a vice..leveled the string..and manually operated the rest to level the arrow..I just reshot it in..Just What The Doctor Ordered..[ -;

not sure the entire name of the rest..It starts with Ridge ........ 119.00

ksfowler 07-10-2010 01:07 PM

Congrats on the new bow. I have my eye on that bow. Once all the stars align I will buy it.;)

Chuck7 07-10-2010 01:26 PM

ok guys the name of ny rest is The Trophy RIdge rest

not a bad bow KS..but for the money I was expecting each arrow to split the other..I guess now it comes down to the shooter.LOL.. I'm shooting a 31 inch arrow so I'm not getting the speed the lighter arrows are getting..but diffently more power than I'm used to..I have to use my foot to push on the target block to get out the field points..They stick in real good. ..getting very tight groups..my other bow shot nearly as good except less pop and too much bow for my climber..44 inch axle to axle..too much bow..I plan to do the rest of my shooting from my stand..