HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Tips On Bow Huntin (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/325357-tips-bow-huntin.html)

Jr_Buck_Hunter 07-03-2010 07:09 PM

Tips On Bow Huntin

I Just Got My Bow, So Does Any One Have Any Tips

:patriot: Happy 4th Of July

rustynobles 07-03-2010 07:17 PM

take a shower using scent free soap before you go, carry some field wipes (to wipe away any sweat and generally watch your scent control), get relatively high, be quiet, make sure you cover your face. other than that practice, practice, practice your shooting, and be patient.

Wingbone 07-04-2010 03:13 AM

Spend a lot of time in the woods all year 'round. There is no substitute for scouting and knowing your hunting area intimately. Good archery skills are no substitute for good hunting skills. There is honor in passing up a questionable shot. There is no honor in wounding a deer.

BOWHUNTERCOP 07-04-2010 03:45 AM

bend at the waist when shooting from a treestand, don't drop your arm, use a safty vest....Be safe and have fun

AR Bowhunter 07-04-2010 03:57 AM

Try to locate your does in your area an figure when the favorite food sources start to hitting the ground. Have you a few areas to keep tabs on an watch for increased sign activity in the area. I do not know what time the rut starts up in your area do some studing on it. Keep a calendar marked with the changes of the season related to deer movements. Move to other areas when certain areas are not being productive.

Iowabucks44 07-05-2010 08:28 AM

Wash your clothes in scent free soap often. If you sweat in them wash them again. You can never be too clean. Shower before every hunt too with unscented soap. Most important, play the wind. Don't hunt a stand when the wind is not right. It's easy to do, and you will spook alot of deer doing it.

Kybuckhunter 07-05-2010 08:40 AM

First three most important rules are...practice, practice, practice.....Don't leave any doubt in your mind that when you release the arrow the deer will die.

Carbon_Slinger 07-05-2010 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jr_Buck_Hunter (Post 3642433)
I Just Got My Bow, So Does Any One Have Any Tips

:patriot: Happy 4th Of July

Practice as much as you can and as long as you can. Animals deserve to be taken as quick and ethical as we can make it. Also if you make a bad shot, don't give up on finding the deer or give up on bow hunting. We all make mistakes and have bad shots. Keep your head up and keep hunting!!!

Welcome to the Madness! There is no cure!!

Sniggle 07-05-2010 05:45 PM

Practice like you will hunt......get your bow pulled back, get close to 'on target', grunt to freeze your target, move on target and let the arrow go. This sounds easy, but I have not found it so. People will wonder why you are grunting at a bag target, but who cares.

Your 'grunt' will stop the deer for 1 sec, give or take, and that is when you can aim at a still target and hit the vitals.

jag-mag 07-05-2010 06:23 PM

If you hunt late afternoons always stay in your stand or blind until legal shooting hours, alot can happen in the last few minutes before dark. I have been busted coming out of my tree
twice and one of those times it was a decent buck. I dont come
out early anymore and have shot a few deer because of this.